Employment with Levi Strauss
Levi Strauss is a global clothing company well known for their brand jeans and khakis. The company prioritizes sustainable and ethical business practices over cutting costs. Quality is never a question; it is the standard.
As an ever-expanding company, Levi Strauss is always seeking motivated individuals to join their teams around the world. The company looks for innovative people with fresh ideas to perpetuate their theme of staying one step ahead in the industry.
If a career with a global clothing brand with high quality and increasingly environmentally friendly practices appeal to you, this guide will help you with your Levis application.
Online Levi’s Job Application
If you are interested in this opportunity, Levi’s job application is available on their careers website. The company is an active, global equal opportunity employer. It also encourages women and minorities to submit Levi’s job application.
To find a job working for Levi, go to their Find a Job page. You will then need to select a spot on their interactive map and view open positions for your desired location. You can select locations all over the world. You will need to choose a region, then a state, then a store. You will see positions pop up on the screen. Choose the one you want, and a pop-up window will appear. This window contains the job title and description.
The job description will list the:
- Exact location of the job;
- Requirements and qualifications necessary for the job;
- Key responsibilities of the position.
If you think you meet the job requirements, select the red Apply button from inside the pop-up window. You will then have two ways to use. You can complete a traditional application, or you can apply using your LinkedIn profile if you have one, which will populate many of the upcoming pages and fields for you.
Once you start Levi’s job application, you will be given a chance to upload a resume file. If you have a resume document, this will also populate many of the next fields for you. If you do upload a resume or use your online profile, you will still want to verify each screen is correct and free of typographical errors.
The next screen asks you to enter your personal and contact information. This includes addresses and phone numbers.
The Work Information Fields
The following screen in Levi’s job application asks you to enter your education and work history. Come in each educational institution and employer on a separate line. If you have had multiple jobs in the last few years, select the most relevant or the most recent to include.
The next screen consists of several pre-screening questions. You must indicate your age group. You must certify that you can provide documentation of your legal right to work in the country/state of your choosing. You may indicate here if you need visa sponsorship from Levi Straus.
In this same section, you will also answer questions about your previous affiliations with the company or other Levi employees. Responding to these questions accurately is required. Failure to do so could jeopardize your employment. The final questions on this page ask about your qualifications and previous experience doing the kind of work that will be requested of you in your new job should you receive an offer.
The next page is the company’s equal opportunity policy. You must read and then select that you understand the system to move to the next page.
The following page is an optional and entirely voluntary equal opportunity employment certification. This is for data collection purposes but is not legally mandatory. Make your selections and move to the final page of the application.
The last page is just a quick certification that you have reviewed your request and have included everything you wanted to. You may review this page and select the green Submit button at the bottom of the page. This will send your application to the appropriate managers who will contact you as soon as possible for an interview if you meet their qualifications.
Those who wish to apply for a job outside of their country of residency will need to provide documentation of legal working status upon hire.
- If your status is pending, make sure you let the hiring manager who interviews you know what your next steps are.
- If you are seeking visa sponsorship through Levi Strauss, you should expect the hiring process to take significantly longer than usual.
Minimum Requirements to work for Levi Strauss
To work for most Levi stores, you must be at least 18 years of age and have legal working status in that country. If you are seeking work visa sponsorship, you must be able to prove that you meet all the qualifications.
Levi Strauss Working Hours
The hours you will work for Levi will depend on your availability, position, and if you are a part-time or full-time employee. You will have a chance to discuss your working hours with the recruiter or hiring manager during your interview.
Most positions require flexibility to work both opening and closing shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Income Expectations with Levi Strauss
Salaries and hourly wages for Levi employees vary widely depending on position and location.
- According to Indeed survey data, yearly income ranges from $16,000 -150,000.
- Corporate jobs tend to pay on the higher end than retail store locations.
Career Options with Levi Strauss
Listed below are some of the available job opportunities through Levi Strauss.
- Commercial Operations;
- Corporate Affairs;
- Human Resources;
- Planning and Allocation;
- Product Development and Sourcing;
Each of these departments has its requirements and things that they look for in an employee. Exploring each career category on the website will help you get to know the company better in addition to the expectations for each job. If you have questions about individual departments, you can always apply, note your questions, and make a point to ask your interviewer about the department when you meet with them.
Basic Tips for Applying with Levi Strauss
Levi’s job application site specifies exactly the kind of employee that the company seeks. The ideal candidate is educated in market trends, results driven sales, and isn’t afraid of demanding work.
Levi employees need to be able to thrive in a diverse workplace and be willing to work to meet grand expectations that are aligned with high company values.
What to Expect from the Interview
The Levi Strauss hiring process usually consists of a group interview followed by individual interviews followed by an offer of employment for qualified candidates. This process can change depending on the position; some lucrative positions may involve more than two interviews and possibly a meeting with members of corporate offices.
Possible Interview Questions
Most of the Levi Strauss interview questions evaluate your ability to work as part of a team and how well you will fit in with Levi’s organizational culture. Hiring managers ask issues such as:
- Why do you want to work for Levi’s?
- Have you ever inspired anyone to do something?
- What are your biggest strengths?
- What do you expect from a work environment?
- Explain your recent successes and what made them successful?
- Describe a time when you worked with a team, and it went well. What was your role on the team? How did you check that the team worked well together?
Practicing answers to these types of questions will help you appear more polished and prepared when you go in for your interview. These issues are samples from hired employees provided on glassdoor.com and indeed.com. You can always complete your search if you want additional items to practice with. It may be beneficial to have a friend work on your responses with you and simulate an interview situation if you are nervous or just want some feedback on your interviewing skills.
Benefits of Working for Levi Strauss
Levi offers many advantages to their employees. Some of these benefits are explored below.
- Health and fitness: Levi offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Employee discounts: Corporate employees receive a generous discount at all company-owned Levi’s®, Dockers® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co™ apparel may also be purchased at a significant discount during special sales.
- Technology and business services: Employees can get exclusive discounts with Apple, HP, Microsoft, Staples and AT&T Wireless by presenting proof of their affiliation with Levi Strauss.
In addition to employee benefits and perks, Levi also offers the following recognitions to outstanding employees with consistent performance.
- Excellence Award: This award is given out once a year to individual employees who make an excellent These employees consistently go above and beyond expectations to help the company meet their goals and uphold their vision.
- Worldwide Koshland Award: The highest award employees can receive, The Koshland Award is determined by corporate leaders to recognize those employees around the world who have internalized the company’s values and vision for the future of the brand.
Frequently Asked Levi Strauss Applicant Questions
Some of the most commonly asked questions from those completing their Levis application are answered below.
- When do I find out if I got the job? Levi Strauss has many steps in their interview process. You can expect to complete at least 2-3 interviews. You will know ahead of time which interview is your final interview and will most likely receive your decision either during the last meeting or shortly after.
- What should I know going into my interview? The company is looking for professionals who know and are excited about the brand and its affiliated clothing lines. You should do a little bit of research on the history of Levi Strauss before entering your interview.
Working for Levi Strauss
Levi Strauss is looking for highly motivated employees with the integrity and personality that will add to the brand and the mission of the company. You can expect to learn a great deal from your managers and coworkers regardless of your department.
Employees with Levi should be open minded and be ready to take a learner’s stance during the first period of their employment. As with any job, there will be an adjustment period while you get to know the company, their values, and the expectations for your position. There are mentors and managers in place to help you adjust along the way. The working culture with Levi is based on community, sustainability, and diversity. If these three ideas sound like a place you would like to work, it is time to consider completing your Levi’s job application.
To discover other popular job applications read here:
Play It Again Sports Application