Ace Hardware Application
Employment at Ace Hardware
The Ace Hardware Corporation is a massive hardware store franchise that currently owns over 4,600 locations globally and that continues to expand year by year. Due to the fact that each Ace Hardware store is owned by local entrepreneurs, they come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, as they are adapted to the specific needs of the local customers. The company sells everything from paint and gardening equipment to all the tools you might need to fix pretty much anything in your home. If you want to work for a company that focuses on the needs of the clients and the community, then send in your Ace Hardware application today for a chance at an amazing job!
Ace Hardware Application
The Ace Hardware application process is different according to the department where you want to apply. We will take you through each step so that you can submit your employment application correctly.
The first step of the entire Ace Hardware application process is accessing the careers portal. You will need to go to the company’s official site, www.acehardware.com and then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page where you have to click on the Careers button in the Corporate menu.
This will take you to the main page of the Ace Hardware careers portal where you will find the three departments of the company where you can seek employment:
- Corporate Ace Hardware Careers
- Distribution Ace Hardware Careers
If you want to send an Ace Hardware application for a corporate career or one in the distribution center, then click on the Apply button in that section to be redirected to the separate page of the department on the careers portal. Conduct your search according to a keyword in your desired position, the location where you are interested in working and the job category you are looking for.
Please note that in spite of the fact that there are two separate links for the Corporate and the Distribution department, the search engine and the Ace Hardware application portal is one and the same, so make sure to check the right job category according to your needs.
Go through the list of available positions to find the ideal job for you. You can see the full descriptions and requirements of these Ace Hardware careers by simply clicking on the job titles. Read these carefully and if any of them sounds like a job you can see yourself doing, click on the Apply to this Job button at the bottom of the page to send your Ace Hardware application online.
If you are a new user to the Ace Hardware application portal you will first be asked to create a profile. The first thing you need to do is to upload your resume or import it from your LinkedIn profile. Then fill out your name and choose a password for your account.
Fill out your address and your e-mail and proceed to read the Terms and Conditions of the Ace Hardware online application portal. This is actually where the portal will mention the department you are applying to.
You can then start filling out your Ace Hardware job application form that includes a total of 5 steps:
1. Resume Profile Creation
In this first section of the Ace Hardware application you need to include the following information:
- Personal Information
The contact information you have included in your profile will be saved and you will only need to fill out the following parts of this section, which are:
- Desired Salary.
- The Kind of Ace Hardware Job you are looking for:
- Full-Time Ace Hardware Jobs;
- Part-Time Ace Hardware Jobs;
- Contract/ Temp Ace Hardware Jobs;
- RSC Exempt.
- Job category:
- Administrative/ Clerical;
- Call Center;
- Category Management;
- Finance/ Accounting;
- Human Resources;
- Information Technology;
- Loss Prevention;
- Property Management;
- Property Administration;
- Retail/Store Operations;
- Retail Development;
- Retail Pricing;
- Retail Training;
- Sales/Business Development;
- Supply Chain;
- Level of Experience:
- Experienced (Non-Manager);
- Travel – mention whether or not you are willing to travel for your Ace Hardware job.
- How did you hear about us? – mention how you have found out about the Ace Hardware job.
- Refer Name – include the name of the person who referred you for the Ace Hardware job, if somebody has.
- Education and Training
In this section of the Ace Hardware application form, you need to provide information about your education. Mention your level of education, the diploma you received, your area of study, the name of the University and the Institution you have attended.
- Reference Information
This section of the Ace Hardware application form requires you to provide two references and to mention their names, the professional relationship you had with them, the title of the person, a telephone number where he/she can be reached and your consent for the company to contact them.
- Employment History
You will need to mention the most important former/current workplaces you have had over the years. The Ace Hardware job application requires quite a few details from your part, such as the full contact details of the company, your position and your main responsibilities, the duration of the collaboration, your starting and ending salary, your reason for leaving and the name of your manager.
- Electronic Signature
By providing your electronic signature to the Ace Hardware job application form, you certify that you agree with the Terms and Conditions of the portal.
2. Screening Questionnaire
This section of the Ace Hardware application form includes seven very important questions regarding your eligibility for employment:
- Have you ever been an employee at Ace Hardware?
- Do you have any relatives employed at Ace Hardware?
- Do you have any relatives who are employees at a competing business?
- Are you at least 18 years old?
- If you are hired, can you furnish proof of your age?
- If you are hired, can you provide proof that you are legally allowed to work in the U.S.?
- Do you now or will you later need sponsorship for employment visa status?
3. Cover Letters
This is the step where you can add a cover letter to the Ace Hardware application form. You can simply upload it from your computer.
4. Diversity Information
The Diversity section of the Ace Hardware application form will demand information about your gender and ethnicity. The aim of this section is to provide the means to create a complex employee base, but if you do not want to disclose this type of information for whichever reason, then simply choose the “I do not wish to provide this information” answer in the form.
Please note that this will not decrease your chances of getting Ace Hardware employment, so only answer if you truly feel comfortable.
This is the last step of the Ace Hardware online application form that will provide you with a preview of your employment form so that you can check everything you have included.
In the event that you find any mistakes in your application, you can edit the contents of that section so that your final application is exactly as you want it.
After you are finished editing your Ace Hardware job application, you can submit it to complete the entire process. Later on, if you will want to see your application status, you can use your email address and the password you have provided to log into the Ace Hardware careers portal and you will be able to check it.
Retail Ace Hardware Careers
The application process for Ace Hardware careers in the Retail sector is different from the one presented above because it does not require an online employment form. Instead, if you click on the link in the Retail section, you will be redirected to the official Ace Hardware jobs and employment form in PDF, which you need to download and fill out.
Then you are required to submit it personally to the Ace Hardware stores you would like to work. In order to find all of the Ace Hardware store locations near you, go to www.acehardware.com to find the Ace Hardware store locator.
The printable Ace Hardware job application form includes roughly the same steps as the online form:
- Initial Information
List the date when you submit your Ace Hardware job application form, the position you are applying for and how you found out about this position.
- Personal Information
This step of the Ace Hardware application form requires you to provide your main contact details and to answer the Screening Questionnaire presented above for the online form.
Mention the date when you would be available to start work, the type of schedule you are interested in (Full-Time, Part-Time or Temporary), your detailed availability for work for each day of the week, your desired salary, the number of hours you would be willing to work per week and whether or not you would be willing to travel in your Ace Hardware job.
- Skills and Experience
In this section of the Ace Hardware job application form, you will have to list your skills from the list supplied:
- Paint Mixing Machine;
- Building Construction;
- Key Cutting Machine;
- Lock Servicing;
- Blade Sharpening;
- Screen Repair;
- Point-of-Sale Terminal/ Cashier;
- Microsoft Word;
- Microsoft Excel;
- Intuit Quickbooks;
Then mention the foreign languages that you are fluent in, if any and lastly, write down any other relevant qualifications that you might have that can be of use in your Ace Hardware employment.
- Education – as presented above for the Ace Hardware online application form.
- Employment History – as presented above for the Ace Hardware online application form.
This section is also similar to the one presented for the Ace Hardware online application form, but you are required to list a total of three professional references and to provide a phone number and an e-mail address where they can be reached.
- Supplemental Information
This section of the Ace Hardware job application form requires you to provide your answers for two pre-interview questions:
– Why do you want to work at an Ace Hardware store?
– What is your definition of customer service?
- Date and Signature
In order to add your original signature onto the Ace Hardware application form and to fill out the date when you have submitted the application.
The form clearly states that the application is only valid for 90 days after you submit it. In the event that you are not contacted by the Ace Hardware hiring specialists within this period of time, you are supposed to provide a new form.
Minimum Age for Employment at Ace Hardware
The minimum age for Ace Hardware employment is 18. All new employees must provide proof of their age before they can start their Ace Hardware jobs. In the event that they are unable to do so, they will not be allowed to start.
Ace Hardware Hours of Operation
Ace Hardware store hours are slightly different for the various locations, but all stores open early and close late. If you want to find out the specific hours of operation of the location you are heading to, go to www.acehardware.com and use the Ace Hardware store locator to find complete information about that store.
Entry-Level Ace Hardware Careers and Income
Sales Associate – Job Description and Duties
Store Associates must represent the core values of the company as they are the first people that the customers interact with during their shopping experience. They will greet them in a friendly manner and then offer them assistance so that they are able to find the products they are looking for.
Sales Associates are also responsible for keeping the store clean and its shelves well stocked, so that customers always have a wide variety of choices for their purchase.
Sales Associate – Salary and Compensation
The starting salary for all the entry-level Ace Hardware jobs is minimum wage and then this hourly rate is increased to as much as $11.00, so as to repay the development of the employees and the dedication they have to the company. The average rate for Ace Hardware Sales Associates is $9.00 per hour.
Cashier – Job Description and Duties
Cashiers are key employees in the Ace Hardware store because they are the last people that the customers interact with during their shopping experience. Therefore, their conduct needs to be flawless, from the friendly greeting to answering any questions that the customers might have about the products they have purchased and the delivery process (if the situation calls for it).
Cashier – Salary and Compensation
As mentioned for the Sales Associate position, the starting salary is minimum wage, after which the employee will receive a raise that can make the overall wage per hour $11.00. The average rate for Cashier is also $9.00 per hour.
Basic Tips for Applying at Ace Hardware
The most important things you need to know about the Ace Hardware application process are the following:
- Follow the Ace Hardware Jobs portal to the letter, because it will provide you with all the information you need. Make sure to apply via the online application portal for Ace Hardware Corporate and Distribution careers and to hand in your application personally if you are looking for a job in the Retail sector.
- Take the time to write a cover letter for the Ace Hardware online application form, because it will certainly be appreciated. Elaborate on the qualities and skills that would make you a valuable asset to the company.
- While you are presented with the opportunity to write your resume in a box, adding an updated and personalized CV is a much better choice because every professional is expected to have one. Furthermore, the impact of an actual resume will be much bigger than that of a text in a box.
- If you are applying for an Ace Hardware career in the retail sector, then take your time with the list of stores that you make. Use the store locator on acehardware.com to gather all the locations in your area that you would be able to reach.
- Applying to one or two Ace Hardware stores is not enough, so make sure to include at least 10 stores on your list for more chances at finding a job.
- Whether you apply online or you fill out your Ace Hardware application by hand, you need to take the time to proofread all the information you have included, so as to make sure that it is entirely correct.
Benefits at Ace Hardware
According to www.acehardware.com, the Ace Hardware benefits offered to employees in the corporate sector are the following:
- Healthcare Ace Hardware benefits:
- Medical Plan;
- Dental Plan;
- Vision Plan;
- Prescription Coverage;
- Healthcare and Dependant Care Flexible Accounts.
- Insurance Ace Hardware benefits:
- Life Insurance;
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability;
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Retirement and Pension Ace Hardware benefits:
- Special Ace Hardware benefits:
- Flexible Work Hours;
- Special Employee Discounts for Ace Hardware products;
- On-site Wellness Events;
- Self-Study Programs;
- Computer-Based Training.
Employees from the Retail and Distribution sectors are entitled to similar benefits, but the ones listed in the Special Ace Hardware benefits category might be restricted to the employee discount.
Ace Hardware Interview Tips & Hiring Process Information
The interview process might differ according to the department you are looking for employment in. The number of job meetings required for Ace Hardware corporate careers might be higher than the one required for retail and distribution careers.
The hiring process for the latter category usually entails only one interview, while the former might include anything from two to four, according to the policies on the Ace Hardware corporate department.
Interviews are held within the department for which you are applying. The person conducting it will be the manager of the internal department for Retail and Distribution Ace Hardware careers and a Human Resources representative, at first, followed by the Assistant Manager and then the Manager of the department for Ace Hardware corporate careers.
The best tips for your preparation for the interview are as follows:
- Use anything from acehardware.com to the World Wide Web to do your research about the company.
- Candidates for Ace Hardware careers in Retail and Distribution should know the products in the company’s stores. While a distribution center is rather difficult to visit, an Ace Hardware store is quite easy to find, so take a trip to the one nearest to you and observe the regular operations and the products.
- If you are unable to do so, go to acehardware.com to find all the information you need on the products in the Ace Hardware stores and the special offers.
- Dress according to the Ace Hardware career you are interviewing for and make sure you look poised and confident. Use a key accessory like a watch or a necklace to stand out, but keep the overall outfit discreet.
- Use the Ace Hardware store locator to find the address of the location you are expected at before the interview, so that you are able to be there 10-15 minutes early.
Frequently Asked Ace Hardware Interview Questions
The interviews for Ace Hardware careers have three main goals and the interview questions are developed so as to meet them:
- Assessing whether or not you have the right personality for the Ace Hardware job you are applying for – you should expect some psychological questions.
- Assessing whether or not you would have the right attitude in your Ace Hardware job – you should expect questions focused on your reactions to certain situations you are bound to be faced with on the job.
- Availability – this part of the interview is meant to assess which schedule type you are best suited for.
Here are a few examples of interview questions, so that you know what to expect when you are there:
- What can you bring to this Ace Hardware job?
- Why do you think our store is different from its main competitors?
- Could you please describe a team that you were part of?
- What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Could you please tell me about a time when you have made a mistake in your workplace?
- Would you be willing to work weekends?
Keep your interview answers shorter rather than longer and make sure to provide the actual answer to the question in the first few sentences because otherwise you might be asked to stop or you might not be able to answer the full set of questions.
For more interesting and popular career applications: