Employment at Marble Slab
Regardless of whether you are looking for your first job or a professional career move, Marble Slab Creamery offers ideal employment opportunities throughout the United States and Canada. This chain oversees franchises in more than 25 states and regularly conducts hiring of new employees throughout the year.
This guide will walk you through how to complete a successful Marble Slab application. You must complete a paper application, so be sure to follow the links and explicit directions. This guide will also provide you with information about your interview and what to expect as a Marble Slab employee.
Marble Slab Application
Most applicants complete and turn in their Marble Slab application in person in the United States. A quick internet search will tell you if there are any Marble Slab Creamery locations and open positions near you. You can also navigate through the company website and enter your zip code to locate any stores near you. Most applicants are students or relatively new workers who are looking to build their resumes and gain job skills.
The Marble Slab offers the following positions:
- Team Member;
- Ice Cream Counter Attendant;
- Shift Manager;
- Assistant Restaurant Manager;
- Restaurant Manager.
You can find some of the more common Marble Slab positions below.
- Ice Cream Scooper: Ice cream scoopers are responsible for making sundaes and other sweet treats as requested by customers. These team members are responsible for making sure they are adding the right mix-ins to properly prepared and scooped ice cream, and combining the finished results on a frozen marble slab. Scoopers also assist with general shop upkeep and cleaning.
- Server/Cake Decorator: These employees usually double as ice cream scoopers, with the addition of making and decorating ice cream cakes to order. Both scoopers and servers are responsible for processing cash register payments.
- Management: Some franchise owners will also work as managers, but often managers are hired from candidates with the right mix of experience and personality. Managers are responsible for hiring, training, economic management, quality control, customer service management, and other duties as are necessary.
You can download the Marble Slab application here. Print it out and then follow these steps to completing your Marble Slab application.
1. Prepare Your Application
You need to print out the paper Marble Slab application. It is two pages and you will need to complete both in totality for full consideration. Use blue or black ink and write as neatly as possible within the spaces given. Additional information can be printed and submitted in person with your Marble Slab application.
2. Personal Information
The first category on your Marble Slab application requests the following information:
- Date of application;
- Full legal name;
- Street address;
- Daytime and evening phone numbers;
- Age (must be over 16);
- Detailed information about any felonies in the past seven years;
- Legal status to work in the United States;
- Whether you worked for a Marble Slab location in the past (if yes, you will need to include detailed information about your employment dates, locations, and positions held).
Make sure you provide accurate phone numbers so that a hiring manager can contact you easily to set up an interview.
3. Desired Employment
This section of your Marble Slab application asks you to explain your availability for work. You will also list the position for which you are applying, the salary you are expecting, and your desired work location. You will also give your start date.
This section includes a list of the days of the week and you are expected to list the times you are available to work each day. Providing the earliest and latest possible starting and end times is advised for interested candidates.
This part of the Marble Slab application asks you to write down all your education and training experiences. Make sure you enter the names and locations of all educational institutions you attended. You should also include all graduation dates, completed or expected. You can add in any additional job skills you possess in the last blank of this section.
5. Job Preparation
This section is for you to gauge your knowledge of the Marble Slab and ice cream service. You should discuss:
- What an excellent ice cream parlor experience is like;
- How you can make sure every customer receives that experience.
You will be asked many customer service related questions. Make sure you detail how your skills relate to excellent customer service.
6. Employment History
Enter your employment history, beginning with the most recent job held. This is a vital part of your Marble Slab application. Make sure you fill in each field listed, including titles, supervisors, pay rates, reasons for leaving, and the duties for which you were responsible. If you need to include more information about your employment history, you can include additional sheets of paper to your final application. The final question in this section asks you to report any times when you were discharged or asked to resign from a position.
If you do not have any employment history, you can list any experiences you have had through school or community programs that have given you the basic skills needed for the workforce.
References provided in your application should expect to be contacted. It is good practice to let your references know when including their information on an application. List three professional references if you can that you have known for at least one year. Personal references are also acceptable if professional references are limited. You will need to provide their names, addressed, phone numbers, and relationship to them.
8. Finalizing Your Application
This last part of your application asks you to certify that all the information you have provided is accurate. You need to sign and print your name and date your application. After this section, your application is complete and ready to be taken to your local store.
Make sure your application is neat and legible. Excessive scratch marks or corrections may discourage a hiring manager from contacting you.
Minimum Age for Employment at Marble Slab
You must be at least 16 years old to work for the Marble Slab Creamery. Many franchises welcome unexperienced workers to join their teams.
Promotions of current employees are common. Students make up a considerable percentage of Marble Slab employees.
Marble Slab Hours of Operation
Marble Slab Creamery is open year-round. Most Marble Slab locations abide by the same hours of operation. Double check with your local store for any special hours. The hours of most Marble Slab locations are:
- Sun-Thurs: 12:00 PM – 10:00 PM;
- Fri-Sat: 12:00 PM – 11:00 PM.
Entry Level Marble Slab Careers and Respective Income
- Ice cream scoopers and servers usually make state minimum wage.
- Servers who also work as cake decorators can make between $8.00 and $9.00 an hour.
- Assistant managers and managers can make up to $40,000 per year depending on their qualifications and experience.
Your hiring manager will discuss your starting rate of pay with you upon an offer of employments.
Marble Slab Careers in Management
Marble Slab management jobs that are not fulfilled by franchise owners are often open to current staff. Staff members are encouraged to participate in special team trainings to gain the skills needed for Marble Slab management.
Outside applicants should have experience in customer service, food service, and a working knowledge of management duties. Generally, you should have at least 1-2 years of experience in a similar restaurant environment before applying for a management position.
Benefits of Working at Marble Slab
Since many employees are seasonal or student workers and many stores operate using a small staff during the colder months, Marble Slab does not offer employee paid health or retirement benefits.
Employees do receive one free ice cream per shift in addition to a 15% discount on all other purchases.
Basic Tips for Your Marble Slab Application
When completing your application, make sure you provide all the necessary information following the guidelines outlined above. The main reason for potential employees to be denied is an incomplete application. When you go to the store to turn in your application, dress professionally and speak cordially. You may need to schedule your interview on the spot. So, be ready to provide your availability.
Applicants are usually students, so a limited work history is expected for most candidates. If this is the case, be sure to highlight your extra-curricular activities and any community service opportunities you have completed. Internships should also be described in detail to help bolster your application.
Marble Slab Interview Tips
When preparing for your interview, be sure to dress in clean and professional attire. Make sure you bring a copy of your resume if you have one, even if you submitted one with your application. Greet your interviewer in a friendly and professional tone. Be sure to listen carefully when your interviewer is speaking and ask questions directly related to the information they provide you.
Frequently Asked Marble Slab Questions
Below is a list of interview questions frequently asked of potential Marble Slab employees.
- How do you handle stress?
- Do you have previous experience?
- What days are you available on?
- Do you have any vacations or extended time off planned?
- Have you ever been a customer? How was your experience?
- How would you greet customers?
- What kind of conversation is appropriate to have with customers?
- What are your aspirations in life?
- How will you handle school and work balance?
- How do you prioritize tasks?
- Do you have reliable transportation?
- How well do you think you can handle a busy work environment?
If you would like to open a Marble Slab franchise, you should start your research on the Marble Slab Franchise information site. You will need to download a brochure that will give you basic information about the process and next steps. You will need to provide your contact information to download the franchising brochure, which consists of 72 pages of detailed information.
It is recommended to have at least $100,000 ready to invest into your franchise. Most franchise owners invest $200,000-300,000 initially into their franchise.
Working at Marble Slab
Working at the Marble Slab will provide you with a fun and fast-paced work environment where you can build new job skills or start a new and exciting career. You can view more information about working for Marble Slab Creamery online.
If you are ready to take that next step toward a new job, now is the time to start your Marble Slab application.