Dorney Park Application
Employment with Dorney Park
Dorney Park is a unique amusement park that offers seasonal positions, internships, and year-round jobs in their primary location in Pennsylvania. If you are looking for a fun and unique place, seasonal or permanent, Dorney Park is worth a stop on your job search journey. This guide will take you through the Dorney Park application process and provide you with some tips for getting the most out of your experience.
If you are ready to apply, the online Dorney Park application is found on their website. Look through the job categories until you find one that sounds like it matches your interests, and then prepare to submit your Dorney Park application.
Dorney Park Online Job Application
Dorney Park positions are listed on their website. The Dorney Park application process will vary depending on which position you want to apply for.
- Year-round jobs require that you just submit a resume and salary requirements via email. You will be contacted directly to set up an interview for these positions.
- You can apply for seasonal jobs and internships by going online and registering for an online application account. This account will require a username and password. Once you register, you can view all seasonal positions currently available.
- Internships are listed separately and have different application processes that vary by the position. Select the internship you are interested in on the careers page to view the Dorney Park application process.
Dorney Park’s job descriptions are thorough and list all the requirements you must be able to meet to be offered the job, so be sure to read them carefully when deciding which jobs to apply for. Many jobs have specific physical requirements as working for an amusement park often entails some level of physical labor and lifting ability. Year-round positions may require travel outside of the office area.
Uploading Your Information
- When you are ready to complete your Dorney Park application for a seasonal position, you will be asked to provide your address and contact information on their online form.
- You will indicate your scheduling availability and complete several questionnaires designed to make sure your abilities match the needs of the job you are applying for.
- You will be able to upload a resume to the online form. But make sure you check the form information to make sure it has been imported You can also enter your employment and education history manually. Make sure you include all relevant experiences.
- If you are a high school student with little or no work history, focus on the skills you have developed in your academic career that have prepared you for a high-energy job. You can include work with extra-curricular clubs and events that you assisted with when completing your work history.
- The last step of the online application is to certify that you have completed your application honestly and comprehensively. Simply agree and submit your application and you are on your way! During peak seasons, applications are processed quickly, so be sure to submit your request as soon as possible for consideration.
Minimum Requirements to work for Dorney Park
There are a few basic requirements to become a Dorney Park employee:
- You must be at least 16 years old for seasonal positions and 18 years old for most year-round jobs;
- You must be enrolled in a degree program to apply for internships;
- You must have proper identification valid in the United States;
- You must have a social security number;
- You must have reliable transportation to and from the park.
Some positions may require the use of a vehicle. Be sure to read the job descriptions carefully.
Dorney Park Working Hours
Your Dorney Park schedule will depend on your position. Year-round position hours will vary and may change during the park’s peak season. Seasonal position hours will match the hours that the park is open and some positions begin before park opening and after closing. The park is open from 10 AM-10 PM, and the waterpark area is open from 11 AM-6 PM.
Dorney Park pays minimum wage or higher for most park positions. Salaried positions depend on the department but are competitive respectively to their field areas.
Dorney Park also offers internships for students enrolled in college programs. These internships are for college credit and are unpaid.
Career Options with Dorney Park
Dorney Park’s seasonal and year-round positions invite individuals with varying interests and experiences to apply. The job categories offered at Dorney Park are listed below:
- Seasonal Positions: Finance; Admissions; Food Operations; Games; Haunt/Pumpkin Fest; Human Resources; Information Systems; Live Entertainment; Maintenance; Marketing and Sales; Merchandise/Retail; Ride Operations; Park Services; Safety and Security; Warehouse; Wildwater Kingdom Operations;
- Internships: Accounting and Finance; Admissions; Games; Food and Catering; Human Resources; Marketing and Sales; Merchandising; Park Operations;
- Year Long Positions: These positions vary by season and fill quickly. But they come with a standard benefits package and boast a competitive salary. Dorney Park offers their full-time employees the following benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage; Life Insurance (company paid); Disability Insurance; 401K (company match); Pet Insurance; Paid Sick Leave; Paid Vacation Days; Paid Company Holidays; Complimentary admission to ALL Cedar Fair parks; Complimentary admission tickets to Dorney Park; Free Dorney Park Season Passes for employee’s dependents.
Some of the careers listed above may require additional certification to complete. But many of those processes are offered and covered by the company.
Basic Tips for Applying with Dorney Park
Keeping in mind that most of the positions offered by Dorney Park are seasonal, you should consider your career goals when applying for a position with this company. If obtaining a fun summer job where you learn new skills is your primary goal, their seasonal jobs within the park will most likely interest you.
Dorney Park has a comprehensive internship program for both college students and high school seniors looking to gain valuable experiences. All their internships are paid and are also eligible for high school or college credit. The park will work with your school to make sure your experience meets their requirements. Pay attention to the age requirements before applying if you are a high school student. Some positions are limited to those who are 18 years or older.
If you are seeking a more permanent career option, keep an eye on their year-round job listings until you see one that interests you. As soon as you do, submit your resume and salary requirements via email for consideration.
Once you submit your application, regardless of which path you choose, you will be contacted soon if you are selected for an interview. You should check your email frequently and make sure you provide a phone number so that the company can reach you as quickly as possible, especially right before the summer season begins.
When you are contacted for an interview, you will want to prepare to answer questions about your ability to deliver excellent customer service. You may be asked to speak about your willingness to work in different weather conditions. The company looks for high-energy, passionate people with a desire to work as a team.
Benefits of Working for Dorney Park
Dorney Park is a unique place to work. The company offers unique seasonal work, internships, and year-round positions with extensive benefits.
Working for Dorney Park in one of their seasonal jobs will give you hands-on training in a variety of skill areas that will translate well to future jobs. While these seasonal jobs are ideal for high school and college students, other entry-level professionals looking to add work experience to a resume may want to give a position with this park some consideration.
If you are looking for a more structured experience that will add meat to your academic resume as a high school senior or college student, an internship with the park may be your best option. These internships are tailored to meet the requirements of your school. You will be paid for your internship in addition to receiving credit if your school permits it.
If you are a professional with some experience under your belt, their year-round positions are opened on a rolling basis. If you are offered one of these positions, you will enjoy an extensive list of company benefits, some of which are covered by the company instead of your pay.
All Dorney Park employees are given free admission to the park and some other parks including Six Flags, Hershey Park, and more. Employees working for an hourly rate are eligible for bonuses for working on certain days during the season.
Frequently Asked Dorney Park Applicant Questions
Some frequently asked questions from Dorney Park applicants are answered below as you complete your Dorney Park application.
- Can I apply in person? Dorney Park hosts open interviews in person at certain points in the year, especially before the summer season. Check the website frequently to see when the next open interview day is coming up! These meeting days are only for certain positions; most positions are processed through their online application system.
- What happens after I apply? Someone from the human resources department will contact you to set up an interview time.
- What happens at the end of my seasonal job? You are welcome to re-apply for more seasonal positions. You should speak with your manager at the park about opportunities for more work next season.
- Who is eligible for an internship with Dorney Park? Any rising high school senior or enrolled college student is eligible to apply for an internship. The park will work with your school to make sure your experience will be accepted for credit.
Working for Dorney Park
Working for an amusement park is an exciting experience that prepares you with many different skill sets regardless of your career goals. With seasonal positions aimed at high school and college students, competitive internships, and salaried year-round positions with comprehensive benefits, this company offers a little bit of everything.
Look through Dorney Park’s careers page to see what positions are available that may work for you. You will want to pay attention to the type of job you are applying for and make sure it matches your skills and interests.
Dorney Park offers a unique option for employment for those ready for something different. The company will ensure that you have the training and skills to perform your job adequately and safely. The company values high-quality customer service, flexibility, and energy in its employees. If you meet this description, it’s time to apply!
To discover other popular job applications read here: