Employment at AT&T
AT&T provides professionals who enjoy working with people from all walks of life the opportunity to work for a growing global company with plenty of room for advancement. The following guide will walk you through the AT&T application process and what to expect through the employment stage.
If you are ready to apply to work for AT&T, their online AT&T application is found on their website. Once you find the position you want to apply for, use the steps outlined in this guide to submit your application.
AT&T Online Job Application
AT&T has a comprehensive streamlined application process. Before starting your AT&T application, have the following documents on-hand:
- State ID;
- Social Security number;
- Tailored Cover Letter;
- 3-5 professional references.
Once on the AT&T website, you will browse their employment categories until you find one that suits your experiences, skills and interests. Read through each job description carefully, noting the location of the position and the requirements for each. If you meet the minimum requirements for the position you want, you are ready to select the Apply button at the top of the screen. This feature is at the top of every employment listing. This way you will be able to submit multiple applications if desired.
The AT&T application will prompt you to create an AT&T account using an original username, an email address and password that you provide. You also can log in automatically using Google+ or Yahoo! services. Creating this account will allow you to check the status of your application, complete required assessments and forms, and submit additional applications if you choose.
The AT&T Account
Once your account is created, you will see the application. Here you will begin the steps required to submit a complete employment application.
- You will need your resume to complete the first step. You can upload a digital copy of your resume and allow the website to extract data from your file for the employment history section of your application. You can also import employment information directly from your Indeed or LinkedIn profiles by providing your login information for these sites. If you prefer, you can also manually enter your employment information by selecting that option at the bottom of the screen.
- Regardless of which option you choose, you want to make sure you read the imported information carefully before you submit. Third-party websites and files imports frequently miss or scramble information when translating text into html, so be sure to check carefully for errors.
- AT&T next requires you to submit your full name, address, and contact information. You can also give AT&T the ID number of any employee that recommended you to the company.
- After you enter this information into the online form, scroll to the bottom of the screen to enter your availability date. This is the date you are available to begin working if you are offered employment.
- The next screen you will see after you select the Save and Continue option (you must do this at every step in order to progress through the AT&T application) will allow you to review your resume information that you imported or entered on the first screen.
- After verifying your resume information, you will be prompted to answer some questions about your employment status. Answer each question honestly to prevent paperwork backups later in the employment process.
Minimum Requirements to Work for AT&T
There are a few basic requirements for AT&T employees:
- You must be at least 18 years old;
- You must have documented status in your country;
- You must be able to provide all necessary identification documents prior to hire.
There are additional requirements for each position in terms of education, experience, and certifications. These requirements are listed on each job posting, and inside the online application for your reference.
AT&T Working Hours
Your AT&T work schedule will vary depending on the position, location, and the nature of the job you are applying for. Customer service and sales related jobs (the most popular positions) require evening and weekend work in addition to working holidays. Technician and call center jobs may require on-call hours and emergency shifts during peak times.
AT&T details in their questionnaire section whether the position you are applying for will require special hours. This questionnaire also will let you know if your schedule will be set, rotating, or subject to change frequently. You will need to agree to adhere to these scheduling requirements for your application to be considered. Be sure to review these questions carefully and answer honestly regarding your ability to meet these scheduling expectations.
The income you can expect depends entirely on the position for which you apply. The average hourly rates for most positions range from $14-22 per hour.
Some AT&T positions are salaried, especially in the corporate career area. But the salary ranges depend on the department in which you are interested. Your previous experience in that field also matters.
AT&T also has many opportunities for college students to complete internships in various departments. These internships are unpaid. But AT&T will work with your institution to make sure you get proper college credits for your experience.
Other Careers with AT&T
AT&T has a variety of employment categories to meet a wide range of interest and experience levels. These categories are listed below.
As an AT&T technician, you will deliver a wide range of services to customers from phone and television service to the ground-breaking U-verse. Technicians work mostly in the field, as opposed to in an office. You will have daily opportunities to meet and interact with new people in this career.
As a retail associate with AT&T, you will be the front line of professionals bringing AT&T products to the public. You will get to show customers innovative products and features and assist with customer satisfaction.
Call center associates are provided with intensive information on the job training in customer service. As a member of the call center tea, you will build relationships and offer consistent customer support over the phone.
Employees in this department are responsible for making sure that government workers stay connected with quality technology while also maintaining service for the public sector. This career area offers many opportunities for advancement.
Technology Innovation and Research
Those who choose this career path are directly responsible for creating and developing modern technology, especially mobile applications. This department also deals in cyber security and data management.
AT&T partners with many universities to help you complete required internships. As an AT&T intern, you will be able to learn from experts in the field while completing your education.
Content and Entertainment
Employees in this department can work with both technology and entertainment. These positions secure entertainment options for seamless integration into various AT&T platforms.
Working for AT&T in their corporate offices encompasses all the behind-the-scenes work that keeps the company up and running. Finances, human capital, and operations are just a view possible departments within this category.
Sales associates for AT&T are responsible for matching customers with products that meet their needs. Working in sales requires impeccable customer service and attention to detail. You may pursue careers in personal, field, business, or call center sales.
These positions may vary and are filled through various staffing agencies.
- Some of these career areas will require that you complete a skills test to make sure you have the necessary knowledge to perform your job. You will be able to see this information on the career areas section of the AT&T website.
- By selecting the career area you are interested in, you will be able to browse open positions, see a study guide for any required skills tests, and read testimonials or watch videos from people in your desired field.
- To process your AT&T application, you will need a resume and cover letter to add to the attachment area of your application.
- You can expect a formal interview process that may involve a round of interviews. These interviews may take place in person or via phone.
- Some AT&T positions involve telecommuting. But most of them take place in a physical office and require occasional or frequent travel.
Basic Tips for Applying for AT&T
- The AT&T application requires most of your documentation up front during the initial application and screening process. Be sure to answer all the screening questions completely and honestly to help process your application correctly.
- If you are interested in working with AT&T you should be prepared to work with a variety of people and open to working a flexible schedule that will meet the needs of the company.
- Be sure to submit a tailored cover letter for your desired position. Typically, the letter highlights how your previous experiences have prepared you to work for this innovative and fast-paced company.
- If you are contacted for an interview, you will want to prepare to answer questions regarding how you interact with customers, how you solve problems that arise in the workplace, and how well you take initiative.
Benefits of Working for AT&T
AT&T is a competitive company that understands the value of its employees. As an employee, you will be eligible for competitive discounts. You will also be able to enroll in company health benefits.
AT&T offers many professional development opportunities for their employees. Moreover, there are frequently paths for career advancement in all career areas.
Frequently Asked AT&T Applicant Questions
Some of the most frequently asked questions from AT&T applicants are answered below as you prepare your AT&T application.
- Can I apply for AT&T jobs in person? AT&T no longer accepts paper applications. All interested applicants must follow the steps outlined above to complete their online application. The online system is faster and gives you access to more job opportunities than previous systems.
- Is the personal information I provide to AT&T on my application secure? AT&T uses social security information to verify your identity and check your eligibility for re-hire and testing. The company uses HTTPS to encrypt your personal information as you enter it into your online account. You must provide your social security number to guarantee that your application will be reviewed.
- What if I need help with my online application? You can visit the AT&T support page for help with your online application. The hours for support are Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 6 PM CT. You should give AT&T 24 – 48 hours to respond to your request. You can also request job accommodations through this support page.
- How do I check the status of my application? Navigate to the Advanced Job Search page and click on the My Job Page tab near the top. Then click My Submissions to review all jobs you have submitted or started applications for. Here you will see three options: Finish Submission, Withdraw, or View Email Messages. Click on Submission Status to view your current standing in the application process. You should periodically check your email and your account to see any communications about your application.
Working with AT&T
AT&T is much more than simply a cell phone provider. AT&T is one of the leading technology companies to date. It works with everything from cell phones to television to mobile apps for your phone. You can work as a call center representative helping customers solve problems or you can even make sure emergency first responders stay connected to their network when they need to maintain constant communication. Regardless of your experiences, AT&T has a variety of positions that you can view and apply for.
AT&T employees can expect meaningful training and professional development, as well as mentorship within departments to increase employee retention and satisfaction. Your AT&T application is a great first step in your career in customer services, sales, business, technology, and more!
For more interesting and popular career applications: