Employment at DirecTV
DirecTV is an American direct broadcast service carrier that operates in the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean. The company was founded in 1994 and has grown continuously over its 21 years of development. As of July 2015, DirecTV operates as a subsidiary of AT&T. The main services offered by the company are television and audio broadcasts, as well as satellite television services and private video services. If you want to work for one of the biggest television and audio broadcaster in the U.S., send your DirecTV application today for a chance to work in a modern and innovative company.
The DirecTV application process relies solely on the DirecTV careers portal to communicate with potential candidates, as a DirecTV jobs and employment form is not available with the company.
To access the DirecTV careers portal, you need to go to the official site, www.directv.com, and click on the Careers button in the menu at the bottom of the page. You will be redirected to the DirecTV job application portal, where you will find all the information you need about DirecTV employment.
The first thing you need to do is choose your area of DirecTV employment interest from the list on the main page:
- Engineering and Technology
- Customer Care
- Revenue and Marketing
- In-Home Services and Installation
- Content and Programming
- Root Sports
- DirecTV Latin America
Click on the department where you are seeking DirecTV employment to get more extensive information about it and to view the available positions along with their application status.
The DirecTV application portal allows you to search among the various jobs at DirecTV either by:
#1 DirecTV Job Category – you can choose to see DirecTV job openings in the following departments:
- Administrative Direct TV Jobs
- Broadcast Operations Direct TV Jobs
- Customer Care Operations DirecTV Jobs
- Customer Service DirecTV Jobs
- Customer Services Rep DirecTV Jobs
- Customer Services Management Direct TV Careers
- Dispatcher DirecTV Jobs
- DSG DirecTV Jobs
- Engineering Direct TV Careers
- Front End Development Direct TV Jobs
- Home Services Direct TV Careers
- Information Technology Direct TV Careers
- Installation Technician Direct TV Jobs
- IT Security DirecTV Careers
- Java DirecTV Careers
- Legal DirecTV Careers
- Marketing DirecTV Careers
- Operations DirecTV Careers
- Quality Assurance DirecTV Careers
- Sales DirecTV Careers
- Software Engineer DirecTV Careers
- Technician DirecTV Jobs
- UI DirecTV Jobs
- UX DirecTV Jobs
- Warehouse DirecTV Jobs
#2 Location of the DirecTV Job – you can put in the location you are interested in finding DirecTV employment and you will be presented with a list of jobs in the area
Look through the list you are provided with and click on the positions that seem most interesting to find the full job description, as well as the requirements that the company has of its employees.
When you find the right job for you, just click on the Apply Now button on the top or bottom right-hand side of the page to begin the DirecTV application process.
First, you will need to create your very own profile on the DirecTV application portal. You will need to supply a username and a password of your choice for this part of the DirecTV application form.
The DirecTV application form entails 11 steps that you need go through:
- Resume Upload – you can either upload the information from your LinkedIn profile or you can upload your resume manually from your computer.
- Additional Attachments – Include any additional files that you think are relevant to the DirecTV application form.
- Screening – this section of the DirecTV application form includes a notice that you need to agree to a background check in order to complete the DirecTV job application process and a confirmation that you are above the age of 18.
- Personal Information – in this part of the DirecTV application form, you will have to include your full contact details, along with how you have heard about the DirecTV career you are applying for.
- Prescreening Questionnaire – this section of the DirecTV application form will include a question or a series of questions regarding the abilities that make you a solid candidate for DirecTV employment.
- Work Information – in this step of the DirecTV application form, you will need to provide the main information about your work experience, including your reason for leaving your previous workplaces; you can add as many workplaces as necessary.
- Education – in this section of the DirecTV application form, you will need to include the main details regarding your academic preparation.
- Diversity – this section of the DirecTV jobs and employment form will require you to provide information about your ethnicity, your race and your gender, only if you feel comfortable with disclosing such information.
- Virtual Job Tryout – this section of the DirecTV application is an interactive one, in which you will receive an extensive presentation of the department where you are applying and of the specific position that you are applying for and then you will even get the opportunity to perform a simple task from among the DirecTV job responsibilities; you will be recorded when you do so and your performance will be assessed by the DirecTV hiring specialists; this will constitute a preliminary interview for your chosen DirecTV career.
- ESignature – your virtual signature will validate the DirecTV application form and you will need to provide it in order to complete the process.
- Summary – in this last part of the DirecTV application, you will be able to view its final form just as the DirecTV hiring specialists will when they process it; at this point, you are allowed to go back and correct any mistake that you think you might have made in your DirecTV application form.
When you complete the last step of the DirecTV application form, just hit the Submit button if you are sure that your application is complete. Once you do, your application will be sent and you will not be able to make any further modifications to it.
On the other hand, you will be able to keep all the information you include saved to your profile on the DirecTV application portal, which means that if you decide to apply to another DirecTV career, you will be able to use the same form and just complete the additional parts that are specific to the application form of the new DirecTV career.
This is what the DirecTV application process consists of, but if you are interested in more tips for applying at DirecTV, make sure you read the entire article.
Minimum Age for Employment at DirecTV
The minimum age for DirecTV employment is 18, so that the company can be in line with employment laws. If you are not yet 18, then you shouldn’t apply for DirecTV careers, because the hiring age is a decisive criteria of the DirecTV application process and younger applicants will not be considered for DirecTV employment.
DirecTV Hours of Operation
DirecTV operates 24/7, but the various departments of the company abide by their own schedule, that is set according to the availability that the DirecTV employees need to have so that the company can operate at full speed.
Entry-Level DirecTV Careers and Income
Each one of the company’s departments includes entry level DirecTV careers that could be the first step of a long term successful career with the company, as DirecTV has a solid policy of promoting from within.
Customer Services Representative – Job Description and Duties
The Customer Service Representative is excellent at multitasking because he/ she works in a fast paced environment every single day. The main role of the Customer Service Representative is to listen to the DirecTV customers and assist them to solve any problems that they might be experiencing with DirecTV products.
He/ She will address the DirecTV customers in a respectful manner at all times, regardless of the outcome of the conversation and the tone that the customer uses. He/ She will always use language that the customer understands and will always do his/ her best to explain the technical issues to the client, who might not be familiar with the terms.
Customer Service Representative – Salary and Compensation
The starting salary for this DirecTV career is an annual amount of $27,000 that will then be increased in order to keep up with the professional development of the DirecTV employee and that can reach as much as $39,000.
There is also a Cash Bonus for this DirecTV career that can go as high as $2,000. The exact amount is set according to the specific achievements, performance and development of the DirecTV employee.
Satellite Installation Technician – Job Description and Duties
The DirecTV Satellite Installation Technician will work according to a specific list of installation orders. He/she is responsible for analyzing the installation sites by evaluating the location and identifying the necessary equipment and wiring plans for conducting the installation.
He/she will then perform the installation process at the specified locations and will verify that the satellites are fully functional at the end. He/she will adhere to the work protocols and will always pay special attention to safety policies in order to maintain a safe workplace for him/herself, the clients and his/her colleagues.
Satellite Installation Technician – Salary and Compensation
The starting DirecTV salary for this position is $27,000 per year. This amount is then increased according to the performance of the DirecTV employee, so as to be in line with his/her level of commitment and professional achievements. As such, the highest DirecTV salary for this position is $58,000 per year.
Aside from this base salary, there are also several bonuses that are added to DirecTV salaries, including a comprehensive Cash Bonus and a Commission Sharing Bonus that can increase the maximum DirecTV salary to $61,000 per year.
DirecTV Careers in Management
Every DirecTV department needs to be led and coordinated by a group of highly trained professionals who can ensure a successful development of the company. There are DirecTV careers in management available within every one of the company’s departments.
Basic Tips for Applying at DirecTV
In order to apply for DirecTV employment, you need to use the DirecTV job application portal. This means that you have at least one hour to complete your DirecTV application online, provided that you already have a resume that is up to date with your latest professional achievements.
Remember to review it once again before you upload it to the DirecTV application form to make sure that you have mentioned all of your most valuable qualifications that attest you are a solid candidate for DirecTV employment.
Then go through every step of the DirecTV application process and take your time whenever you have to answer questions. You need to provide enticing answers that can represent you as a prospective candidate for DirecTV employment.
Proofread every piece of information you supply because you need to avoid having spelling and grammar mistakes in your DirecTV application form at all costs, as these could depict you as careless.
Take your time with the Virtual Job Tour because that is a crucial step of the entire Direct TV application process. You will be presented with the opportunity to experiment the DirecTV job firsthand and to demonstrate to the DirecTV hiring specialists that you are an excellent candidate that they simply must see more of.
Be very careful to go through every single step of the Direct TV application form because all incomplete applications will be discarded from the DirecTV job application process.
Benefits at DirecTV
DirecTV benefits are different among the various departments of the company and are usually determined according to career level.
These are the main DirecTV benefits that employees are entitled to according to certain eligibility criteria:
- Work/ Life Programs DirecTV Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- End-to-end support for major life events
- DirecTV Employee Assistance Program
- DirecTV Employee Discounts – including complementary including DirecTV system and programming account (PREMIER programming package)
- Learning and Career Development DirecTV Benefits
- Training Courses
- Possibility of advancement within the company
- Education Assistance Program
- Competitive DirecTV salaries
- Comprehensive Bonus Packs
- Retirement DirecTV Employee Benefits
- DirecTV Pension Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Cafeterias and Gyms onsite
- Health Clinic
- Healthcare, Disability and Life Insurance DirecTV Employee Benefits
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Prescription Plan
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
DirecTV Interview Tips & Hiring Process Information
All the Direct TV applications sent via the careers portal will be analyzed and processed by the Human Resources department. The Virtual Job Tour section will be of particular importance, as it can relay how you are able to apply your abilities and qualification to the DirecTV job you have chosen to apply for.
The DirecTV hiring specialists will select the best candidates and call them in for an interview. For most DirecTV careers, the interview will be in person precisely so that the Manager(s) of the Department and the DirecTV hiring specialists can get to know the candidates better and choose the best one there for the DirecTV job.
The number of DirecTV interviews varies according to the department and the specific position, but every step of the process will be explained to the candidate by the Human Resources representatives so that they know the entire process that they need to complete in order to get hired.
Getting ready for the DirecTV employment meeting entails that you need to get familiar with the company’s products, as well as its policies. While the interview questions might not be focused on these topics specifically, the interviewers will definitely expect you to include notions about them in your interview answers.
Frequently Asked DirecTV Interview Questions
The entire interview process, including interview frames and the type of questions that candidates are asked depends considerably on the department and the specific DirecTV jobs that the candidates are applying for.
We are going to present you with a selection of interview questions, which you could use as guidance for your DirecTV interview, so that you know what to expect. The actual interview questions that you are going to get might be similar to these or they could be different if the department manager chooses to assess special skills that might be relevant to the position.
Here is what you can expect:
- How and why did you decide to apply to DirecTV?
- How do you feel about working as a part of a diverse team, which includes people of various races and ethnicities?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Tell me about yourself
- Do you have any questions about DirecTV?
- What are your expectations from this DirecTV position?
- In the event that you received a call from a customer who told you he/she had a black screen, what would be the steps that you would take in order to resolve the matter? (this interview question is specific to the Customer Services Representative interview)
Relax, smile and try to construct witty interview questions that might help the interviewers remember you. Mention facts about the company in your interview answers if the question permits it and prepare a few questions about DirecTV and about the job that you are applying for.
To discover other popular job applications read here: