Employment at Tyson Foods
Tyson Foods is the second largest company in the meat processing sector in the entire world that produces and sells chicken, beef and pork. Their high standards for quality and food safety have made them one of the most reliable brands on the market and have enabled them to reach the 83rd spot on the Fortune 500 list. If you want to work for a company with a solid perspective on food production, then send in your Tyson Foods application for a chance at an amazing career.
Tyson Foods Application
The Tyson Foods Application process relies mainly on the careers portal, which means that your best chance for Tyson Foods employment is sending your application online. A printable Tyson Foods jobs and employment form is not available at the moment, so if you want to apply for a job at Tyson, just go to the Official Tyson Foods Careers Page and take the time to read about all the Tyson Foods jobs in your field.
Choose between jobs in the Production Sector, the Driving Sector and the Professional Sector to get more overall information about that department and then choose the ideal Tyson Foods jobs for you by using the search engine for Tyson Foods Careers.
On the Production Sector page:
- Simply input your location details and your desired schedule type in the provided menu and you will be presented with a list of all the Tyson Foods jobs available at locations near you.
- Click on the job title that sounds like a good choice to read the full job description; you will also find the requirements that Tyson Foods has for you, as well as the main tasks and functions of the position.
- When you find the ideal Tyson Foods career for you, just click on the Apply button at the bottom of the page to begin filling out your Tyson Foods job application form.
- Create your very own profile, choose a user name and a password and then include your resume and cover letter (if necessary), your contact details, your work experience and your full qualifications.
- When you are finished with the Tyson Foods job application form, just hit the Submit button and you are one step closer to Tyson Foods employment.
On the Driving Sector page:
- You simply have to write down your zip code in the search menu to find all the Tyson Foods jobs available in your area.
- The search engine will provide you with a list of all the available careers in your selected location and then you can browse it and choose the best option for you.
- Read the job description for your chosen Tyson Foods career and click on the Apply button at the bottom of the page to begin filling out your Tyson Foods job application form.
- The application for Tyson Foods employment follows the same steps as the one for the Production Sector, so it will only take you about 30 minutes to fill it out.
On the Professional page:
- First, you should browse the job categories in the Professional Sector on the main Tyson Foods Jobs Page.
- then click on the Search for Careers button to access the main Professional Tyson Foods page
- There, you can search for Tyson Foods job openings in your desired sector, according to your location and your profession.
- Look through the Tyson Foods jobs list that the search engine found for your criteria and choose the best one according to the specific requirements and the job description of every one of them.
- Click on the Apply to Job button in the job description menu of your chosen Tyson Foods career to begin filling out your Tyson Foods job application form.
- You will have to create your profile on the Tyson Foods application portal and secure it with a user name and a password.
Then, you will have to go through every step of the Tyson Foods application form:
- Submit your resume/CV – you can upload your resume, as well as your cover letter, from your computer.
- Resume/ CV Profile information – include your full contact details for this step of the Tyson Foods application form.
- Questions – answer a few pre-interview questions in order to guide the Tyson Foods hiring specialists.
- Additional Information
- Confirmation – when you submit your Tyson Foods application, you will have actively applied for the Tyson Foods career.
Minimum Age for Employment at Tyson Foods
The minimum age for Tyson Foods employment is 18, so if you are interested in one of the Tyson Foods jobs, then you need to need to be above this age limit in order to be considered for it.
Send in a Tyson Foods application for one of the entry level jobs and as you gain experience with the company, you will stand a solid chance at advancement.
Tyson Foods Hours of Operation
Tyson Foods operates in meat production, which means that their production lines need to work 24/7 in order to maintain the high standards that the company has been able to reach.
The company’s distribution lines also need to implement prolonged work hours so that they can keep up with the rate of the factory farms.
Entry-Level Tyson Foods Careers and Income
There are Tyson Foods careers available in the following sectors:
- Production: administrative support workers, laborers, helpers, maintenance & leads, officials & managers, operatives, professionals, service workers, technicians.
- Driving: work as part of a team, work solo or as a driving trainee.
- Professional: operations manager, sales & marketing, environmental health & safety, information & technology, accounting & finance, food safety & quality assurance or research & development departments.
Within every department, there are entry level Tyson Foods jobs that you can apply for and then, when you are ready, you can apply for a higher level career. Tyson Foods has a strong policy for offering chances to its best employees, so you stand a solid chance if you are qualified for the job.
Driving Trainee – Job Description and Duties
If you are a truck driving school graduate, then a Tyson Foods career just might be the right choice for you. You will have the opportunity to learn from one of Tyson Foods’ certified trainers and once you complete the training process, you can enroll for Tyson Foods employment and start your very own Tyson Foods career. The company even offers tuition reimbursement for Driving Trainees to a certain extent.
Driving Trainee – Salary and Compensation
The Tyson Foods salary for this trainee position is $400 per week, all throughout the instruction program. Then, if you are considered a solid candidate for permanent Tyson Foods employment, you will be offered the start rate for entry level Tyson Foods careers in driving, which is $0.39/ mile.
General Laborer – Job Description and Duties
This is one of the most physically challenging Tyson Foods careers, because it involves performing a wide range of activities, such as bending, lifting, carrying, climbing, pulling and reaching, for an extended period of time in a hostile environment that can be cold, damp, humid or hot.
General Laborer – Salary and Compensation
The starting Tyson Foods salary for this entry level Tyson Foods career is an hourly rate of $9.00 and according to the employee’s performance, this rate can be increased up to $12.00.
Tyson Foods Careers in Management
Associate Product Manager – Job Description and Duties
The Associate Product Manager will work alongside the Marketing Services team and under the Director of Pet Products Marketing in order to develop marketing plans, advertising and social media engagement strategies as well as e-commerce programs that will enable the department to reach its financial objectives.
He/she will monitor the exact effects of these strategies and will constantly try to adapt them to customer trends. He/she will also handle the budget and the MAP spending for an assigned budget.
Associate Product Manager – Salary and Compensation
The starting Tyson Foods salary for this Tyson Foods career in management is $61,000 annually and according to the development of the Tyson Foods employee, it could go as high as $87,000.
Since this a performance based Tyson Foods career, there are a few bonuses that the Associate Product Manager is entitled to, in order to provide incentive, which could increase the overall salary for the position rather significantly.
Basic Tips for Applying at Tyson Foods
Going through the Tyson Foods application process is quite easy and it will not take you too long to complete it. You should have between half an hour and one full hour to look for the best jobs for you and fill out the Tyson Foods application form for the ones you choose, provided that you have your resume ready.
Before you upload your resume to the Tyson Foods application form, look through it again and check all the information before passing to the next step. Look at the job description and the requirements of your chosen Tyson Foods career and then think about your professional and educational background and make sure you have included every piece of information necessary.
Also, you should not skip the Cover Letter step under any circumstance, because this will be extremely useful for the Tyson Foods application process. All you have to do is explain why you want to work for Tyson Foods and why you would be a good candidate for Tyson Foods employment.
This could take you quite some time to write, depending on the inspiration you have during your Tyson Foods application process. Try to compose an enticing and powerful cover letter and focus on the things you appreciate most about Tyson Foods and on the abilities and qualifications that make you the right candidate for Tyson Foods employment.
Once you are finished with the Resume/CV and Cover Letter upload, you can pass to the next steps that will be much easier go through. Make sure you fill out the Contact Details section correctly. Double checking this section will clearly be worth your time, because the Tyson Foods hiring specialists will use it to contact you in regards to further assessment.
Benefits at Tyson Foods
The Tyson Foods benefits are available to all employees according to special eligibility criteria. The company offers some of the most solid benefit packs in the country, because Tyson Foods believes that its employees need to be happy outside work for them to be effective while at work.
The standard pack includes the following Tyson Foods benefits:
- Healthcare Plan – available to the Tyson Foods employee and to its family
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Prescription Coverage Plan
- Paid Time Off – including Sick Days, Holidays and Vacation
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Stock Purchase Plans
- Special Tyson Foods Employee Discounts
Higher level Tyson Foods careers include more comprehensive benefit packs and obviously, the higher the Tyson Foods career, the more Tyson Foods benefits the employee receives.
Tyson Foods Interview Tips & Hiring Process Information
After you submit your Tyson Foods application form, you will have to wait to hear back from Tyson Foods in regards to an interview. They will contact you in a day’s time and up to one month’s time or even more if you choose to submit your resume/ Tyson Foods job application form for future job openings.
Depending on the department where you have chosen to apply for Tyson Foods employment, the interview/ assessment policy will be different. While entry level Tyson Foods careers in the Production sector generally entail a Face to Face interview, the Tyson Foods careers in the Driving Sector usually require at least one Face to Face interview and a Practical Assessment of the candidate’s driving skills.
Tyson Foods careers in the Professional Sector might include various types of interview patterns, including Telephone interviews, Face to Face Interviews, Structured Interviews or Case Job interviews, so you need to be prepared for anything that the Tyson Foods corporate employment specialists decide to send your way. The interviews are usually held at the Tyson Foods corporate offices.
The most important things that you need to do in order to be prepared is to research Tyson Foods thoroughly. Get to know their greatest achievements, their financial accomplishments and their core policies, because they will expect you to be familiar with them during the interview.
You can conduct your research on the Tyson Foods official site or on the vast World Wide Web, because given the size of the company, you have all the chances to find all the information you need.
Look through the examples of interview questions below and try to think about your interview answers, so that you might be able to perform better during the actual interview. Just as an exercise, try to think of interview answers that highlight the most impressive aspects of your resume.
Choosing the right outfit for the Tyson Foods interview might seem like the easiest part of your preparation process, but it might actually prove to be one of the most complicated ones, precisely because you need to look your best, but you need to remain in line with some of the requirements:
- Wear a suit if you are applying for one of the higher level Tyson Foods careers and sick to something business casual if you are applying for lower level Tyson Foods careers.
- Do not overdress for the interview! This is why this decision is complicated, because there is a very fine line between perfectly elegant and rather inappropriate.
- Entry level Tyson Foods careers candidates are most prone to making this mistake. Stick to a pair of classic jeans (cuts and patterns are absolutely out of the question, but so are any type of business pants) and a blouse/ shirt. Add a blazer if you want, but anything above that is being overdressed.
- Pay attention to your hair, make-up and nails – keep these in line with your outfit and with the occasion, stick to neutral colors and have neat looking nails (male candidates need to pay special attention to this aspect as well), because they will be visible during the interview.
Frequently Asked Tyson Foods Interview Questions
The interviews for the various Tyson Foods careers are quite different from one another, but we want to provide you with a few examples of typical interview questions for the company:
- Why did you chose to apply to Tyson Foods?
- What do you know about Tyson Foods?
- What can you bring to your chosen Tyson Foods career?
- How do you think your chosen Tyson Foods career related to the company’s goals?
- Could you tell me about a situation during your career when you have learned from a mistake?
- What are your strengths?
Preparing interview answers for these questions might prove to be an extremely useful exercise for your Tyson Foods interview. Try to remain calm and to connect with the interviewer, because this will help improve your overall performance. Good luck!
To discover other popular job applications read here: