Sports Authority Application – Employment at Sports Authority
Have you always been fascinated with sports? Are you a work out buff or a health nut that spends at least three to six days in the gym? Are you knowledgeable about fitness, diets, and weight loss? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, then you may want to think about filling out a Sports Authority application for employment.
Working at Sports Authority can be a rewarding career, because you get to help people from all walks of life to promote a more active life style. You’ll meet housewives who want to lose baby fat, the pounds they gained after having children. You’ll meet college athletes who need advice on what kind of basketball shorts or shoes to buy. You’ll meet coaches who need advice on what kind of gym equipment they should consider. You’ll see a new face every day and you’ll be the key person to go to for advice and support.
So if you’re into sports, fitness and athletics, then filling out the Sports Authority application online could get you started in one of the exciting Sports Authority careers. Your application for Sports Authority can be filled out in the comfort of your home or in person at the store.
Sports Authority Online Job Application
The Sports Authority application online is available on the company’s home website. You can access the Sports Authority job application by visiting the “careers” section of the home page. There are both full-time and part-time positions available at Sports Authority.
Minimum Age for Employment at Sports Authority
The minimum age for employment with Sports Authority is 18 years of age.
Sports Authority Hours of Operation
The company’s hours of operation are Monday through Saturday starting at 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sundays, the hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Entry-Level Sports Authority Careers and Income
There are plenty of entry-level careers available at Sports Authority. You’ll want to fill out your Sports Authority online job application form to get your foot in the door.
Sports Authority Careers in Management
Management positions are also available and managers usually start at around $30,000 a year to $75,000 a year. All of this depends on experience, work history, and educational background.
Basic Tips for Applying at Sports Authority
Fill out the Sports Authority online application form neatly and accurately. Read over the application at least twice, so that you can go over any careless mistakes you may have made.
Advanced Tips for Applying at Sports Authority
We’ve covered some of the basic tips for applying at the company, but now let’s talk about some advanced tips.
1. After you’ve filled out your Sports Authority employment application, you’ll want to wait a week to ten days to hear something back. You may get a reply by email or you may get a phone call. If you don’t hear anything back, then you’ll want to call after 10 days to follow up. Try to get the key person’s name and extension so that you can reach them directly. Most likely you’ll get someone’s voice mail. Leave your name, number and a short statement about calling as a follow up to your job application for Sports Authority.
2. Wait another week to ten days. If you still don’t hear anything back, then call again. This time, you’ll want to start calling twice a week, but make sure you’re not calling two days back to back. For example, if you called on a Monday, then the next time you call should be on a Thursday or Friday. Wait another week.
3. Now if you still haven’t heard anything back after a week of waiting again, you’ll want to call and fax. So you’ll want to call twice that following week and in between you’ll want to fax. For example, you may call on a Monday, then on Wednesday you’ll want to fax a brief message stating who you are, how to reach you and that you’re following up on the application. You can also include your resume and cover letter in the fax.
4. By this time you should have gotten a reply in some form or fashion. If you haven’t, then you’ll want to continue this follow-up routine until you speak with someone about coming in for an interview.
5. When you come into the interview, be dressed professionally. Men should wear a suit and tie with any beards and long hair neatly groomed. Women should wear skirts, dresses or a pant suit. Your clothes will reflect on you, and even the most qualified applicant can lose out if not dressed appropriately.
6. Bring a copy of your resume to the interview. Often, managers that are hiring have to go through hundreds of applications and interviews. They will not remember much of anything about you or your application. Therefore, you’ll want to have at least two copies of your resume and cover letter on hand as you enter into the interview. You can hand a copy to your prospective employer so that he or she can have a chance to glance at your work history and education. It will give them a chance to ask more questions about you.
7. You may be asked why Sports Authority should hire you. What will you answer in reply? It is a good idea to think about this question and find the right answers. You certainly don’t want to appear as if it is just a job to pay the bills. Be enthusiastic and excited about the company.
Benefits at Sports Authority
Sports Authority offers company benefits to the employees including 401(k) retirement planning, medical insurance, dental, vision and disability insurance as well. You’ll also be able to enjoy paid time off. There are many more company benefits available and, for more information, you’ll want to contact a Human Resource manager.
Useful and Interesting Facts about Sports Authority
The company was founded by a group of investors in Lauderdale Lakes, Florida, back in the late 1980s. There are hundreds of stores across the nation and there has been a merger with various companies and partners. During the years, the store has expanded across the United States and is planning on opening new stores overseas within the coming years. The prices are very reasonable and the quality of products is very high.
To access the Sports Authority Online Application directly, click here.
For more interesting and popular career applications: