Employment at Sprint
Sprint Corporation is a telecommunication company that specializes in wireless service and provides internet service to many customers worldwide. It a company that is focused on giving the best telecommunication and wireless service possible. Sprint Corporation, now commonly know as Sprint employs thousands of employees in the United States. Every employee’s job at Sprint is to gain customer satisfaction. There are a variety of different employment opportunities to choose from at Sprint. If you would like to be a part of one of the greatest telecommunication and wireless companies in the industry, Sprint is the place for you. Sprint welcomes all interested persons to fill out a Sprint Application.
Sprint Application Process
To become part of the job community at Sprint you will need to fill out a Sprint Application for Employment. Before filling out the application you need to explore the opportunities listed in the job category section. There will be two long white rectangular boxes under the title “Explore Our Openings”. Click on the arrow on the right side of the first white rectangular box titled “Job Category”. This will display a list of the job categories that you will be able to choose from. The categories listed are the following:
- Product Development
- Public Relations
- Retail Management
Business Dev/Strategic Planning
- Business Sales
- Call Centers
- Corporate Security
- Customer Experience
- Digital Architecture/Development
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
How to Search for Jobs
- After you have chosen the category that is of interest to you, click the second rectangular box titled “Job State”. This is where you will choose the state in which you want to fill out your Sprint Application and where you would like to be employed.
- Then click on the yellow “Search Jobs” tab right beneath the white rectangular box titled “Job State”.
- Then the job openings in the chosen category and state will appear.
- Instead of choosing a category from the “Job Category” section, you do not have a make a job category selection. If you only choose a state in the job state section, this will list all of the jobs listed in the state that you chose. There is also a white rectangular box titled “Enter Search Keywords or Job#” under the heading “Or Search by Keyword”.
- After entering your info in this section, click on the yellow “Search Jobs” tab right beneath it. This will forward you to a list of job openings related to the keyword(s) or job that you searched for.
How to Choose a Job
Now you can choose a job from the list that interests you to apply for.
- Click on the position of your choice. You will now see a list of the requirements that the job title entails. First listed will be a detailed description of the “job summary”. This will give you a clear idea of what is required to be done for you to perform your job well.
- Next, you will see a list of the “basic qualifications” that you are required to have before your application will be considered for the job. Right below this section, there will be an area with a list of the “preferred qualifications” the employer would prefer you to have when filling out the Sprint Application. Last, but not least listed on this page is an area that discusses how Sprint is in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. This entails that Sprint values their employees and guarantee a safe work environment for them.
Sprint does not discriminate against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Setup Login Page
- At the very bottom of the page is a yellow tab labeled “Apply Now”. Click on this tab and you will be forwarded to another page with the same details as the “job summary” page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the yellow box on the left-hand side titled “Submit Interest”. A sign in page will now appear.
- If you have filled out a Sprint Application previously you should already have an account. So, you will only need to type your email address in the white rectangular box titled “email address” and your password in the white rectangular box titled “password”. Then click the yellow square box labeled “Sign In”.
- If you have not filled out a Sprint Application before, click on the area right below the yellow sign in box in blue colored letters that reads “Don’t Have an Account Yet”. This will direct you to another page where you will set up your account by listing your email address, a password of your choice that consists of 8-25 characters. It must contain at least one special character. Then re-enter your password and pick three security questions from the three white rectangular boxes labeled “Security Question”. Below each of the three white rectangular boxes labeled security question is another white rectangular box labeled “Answer”. This is where you put your answer to each of the security questions that you chose.
Begin Application Process
- After logging in or either creating your account on the login page, you will be directed to a page titled “Start Your Application”. It shows an estimated time of how long it will take you to finish the application. There is also a gray rectangular bar that turns yellow as you fill out the application that allows you to see how much you have done and how much you have left to finish.
- At the bottom, left-hand side of the page will be a yellow square labeled “Let’s Get Started”. Click on this tab. This will bring you to a page titled “Preliminary Questions”.
- Answer the basic introductory questions. Then click on the yellow square labeled “Save and Continue”. This will bring you to the “Contact Info” page.
- Please fill on the information in each appropriate area and then click on the yellow box labeled “Save and Continue” at the bottom of the page. Make sure to read this page carefully.
- Go to the area labeled “Resume/CV” and click on the words colored in blue that read “Add Resume/CV”. A box will appear that has a yellow box inside of it labeled “Browse”. Click on this yellow box and it will forward you to the files on your computer.
- Pick the file containing your resume and then the box labeled “Open” next to it. This will upload your resume. If you have already uploaded your resume earlier you can disregard this question.
- After you’re done on this page, click on the yellow square box at the bottom of the page labeled “Save and Continue”.
Final Part of Application Process
- You will then be forwarded to a page titled “Final Questions”.
- Answer the questions on this page and click the yellow square box at the bottom of the page labeled “Save and Continue”. You will then come to a page titled “Certification”.
- Read the information on this page carefully and the type your name inside of the white rectangular box at the bottom of this page. Right above this box, it will read, “Please enter your name to complete your agreement. Then again, Click on the yellow square labeled “Save and Continue” and you will be forwarded to the next page titled “Voluntary Self-Identification Statement”.
- Read this page carefully and then click on the yellow box labeled “Save and Continue” at the bottom of this page. This will take you to another page titled “Voluntary Self-Identification of Protected Veteran Status”.
- Read the page carefully and answer the two questions as they relate to your military status or not relate at all. Again, click on the yellow square box labeled “Save and Continue” and you will be forwarded to the page titled “Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability”.
- Read this page carefully. There will be a question for you to answer, an area to type in your name, and to put today’s date. Record all of this information accordingly and then click on the yellow square box labeled “Save and Continue” at the bottom of the page.
Review Your Application and Submit
- You will now come to the page “Voluntary Self-Identification of Race/Ethnicity”. Read the page carefully and answer the two questions with the answers that best describe your race/ethnic origin and gender. Then click on the yellow square box labeled “Save and Continue”.
- You will then be forwarded to the next page titled “Review”. This page allows you to review all of the information you entered for your Sprint Application. If there are any changes you need to make, you can do so by clicking on the little blue pencil icon to the right of each titled section of the application that you answered earlier. Click on the yellow square box now labeled “Submit My Application” Your application has now been submitted.
You may be forwarded to a page titled “Application Complete” or you may see a message stating that an email will be forwarded to you if an assessment is required for this position. There will be a yellow box labeled “Take Assessment” if the test is to be taken right after your Sprint Application is submitted. If the yellow labeled box does not appear, check your email later for an email from Sprint which will include a link that will allow you to take the assessment if need be. If you see the square yellow box labeled “Take Assessment” you can start the test. It will take approximately 45 minutes to take the assessment. Take your time and answer the questions carefully to do your best to pass the test and get the best results possible.
Minimum Age for Employment at Sprint
The minimum age of employment to apply for a job at Sprint is 18. If you are 18 years of age or older Sprint invites you to join their awesome team of employees that are ready to provide the best telecommunications and wireless service to their customers. Sprint welcomes experienced employees as well as those with no experience. There are entry-level positions that do not require any experience and they can be found under the job categories titled retail, customer experience, and call center. There are many entry-level positions that do not require experience at Sprint. Scroll through the job titles listed earlier in this section and you are sure to find a job that you will qualify for if you are inexperienced in the telecommunication or wireless business.
Sprint Hours of Operation
Sprint hours of operation will vary in different states. For example, in Mississippi and Colorado most store hours are the same. They open Monday through Saturday they are open from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm and on Sundays from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm. In Los Angeles, California the most Sprint Stores open at 9:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday through Friday, Saturday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, and on Sunday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm. The hours may vary in every state, but someone is always there between business hours to serve you.
Careers in Management at Sprint
Anyone applying for a management position at Sprint should have excellent leadership skills. A Bachelor’s Degree is required with usually at least two years of related work experience. If the applicant doesn’t have a Bachelor’s Degree, six years or more related work post-high school is required. Also, the applicant should have two years of supervisory experience, but more is definitely welcomed. Here is a list of a few management positions at Sprint:
- Retail Store Manager
- Assistant Store Manager
- Regional Operations Manager
- Web Development Manager
- Business Development Account Manager
- Senior National Retail Marketing Manager
Benefits of Working at Sprint
The Sprint Mission Statement: “Sprint’s vision to be a world-class company, the standard by which others are measured, includes a commitment to developing a world-class supplier base that is reflective of the communities we serve”. The company’s goal is to be one of the best suppliers of telecommunication and wireless service that is a reflection of the communities that we serve and maintain that position. There are many employee benefits for those who choose to be a part of the Sprint talent community. Sprint offers health, dental, vision, and accidental death insurance. Sprint also offers retirement, educational assistance and paid time off. Discounts are given to employees on purchases at restaurants, hotels, and on in-store and online products as well. on You can research our employee benefits and discounts here:
Basic Tips for Applying at Sprint
- Impressive Resume
- Apply for Position
- Take Assessment
Make sure all of these things are done before your interview and it won’t hurt to also learn a few things about the company. Go the extra mile to be impressive.
Sprint Interview Tips
Applicants should greet the hiring manager as if they were greeting a potential customer on the job. Be friendly, maintain eye contact, and speak in a welcoming manner. Clothing for the interview should be business casual and appropriate. The applicant may be asked a series of questions pertaining to the job position or even to perform a task that is related to the performance of that particular job. The interview generally lasts between 15 to 30 minutes so, make a good impression.
Working at Sprint
Sprint has over 30,000 employees in the United States. Sprint is offering all applicants a chance to be a part of the top telecommunication and wireless companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to help Sprint in assisting the public with satisfactory, top level quality products and service. Join Sprint’s employee team and help make Sprint the best telecommunications and wireless provider one customer at a time.
To discover other popular job applications read here: