Dunkin Donuts Application
Employment at Dunkin Donuts
Dunkin Donuts is a company with headquarters in Canton, MA. It deals primarily in baked goods and caffeinated and non-caffeinated beverages. The franchise operates more than 11,300 restaurants, roughly a third of which are outside of the United States. If you wish to pursue a Dunkin Donuts application, you may need some instructions to do so.
Online applications for positions in Dunkin Donuts franchise restaurants are handled by the Infor Talent Science portal. This guide will help you understand the requirements you need to meet if you want to apply for a job at one of the restaurants. You’ll also find detailed information about the Dunkin Donuts application procedure, possible career choices, as well as useful tips.
Dunkin Donuts Application
An online application for a job at one of Dunkin Donuts restaurants begins at the Dunkin Donuts website. When visiting the website and clicking the about menu button, you will be able to navigate to several locations on the website. Careers is the one you’re looking for. After you click on that option, you’ll receive a message that you’re being forwarded to an off-site location. You get an option to either accept or decline. If you’re looking to apply for a job, you should accept.
You will land at a website managed by Infor Talent Science, and you’ll immediately get a choice to apply for the following positions at one of the participating franchise restaurants:
- Crew member;
- Shift leader;
- Assistant restaurant manager;
- Restaurant manager.
You will also be informed that this Dunkin Donuts application portal is only for people who want to work at one of the independently owned franchises. Dunkin Donuts parent company, Dunkin Brands, has a separate careers portal you can use if you’re looking for corporate job opportunities with the company.
Searching for a Job
To start your Dunkin Donuts application process, you need to select one of the five available positions. Upon doing so, you’ll go to a page where you’ll again find information about the independent ownership of franchise restaurants, as well as the options that will allow you to start your search.
The first thing you need to do is choose your language. Your options will be English, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese. Next, you’ll need to choose a location where you want to work. You must supply a zip code, as well as a distance you’d be willing to travel from that zip code.
If you have previously started an application through the portal, you’ll have the chance to log in to this page and continue with your application process.
Choosing the Location
After entering the zip code and the traveling distance, and pressing the go button, you will move to a page with a list of all the restaurants that fit your location criteria and have an opening.
If you’re not happy with the list you see, or if there are no restaurants that match your criteria, you can go back and increase the distance setting to get more results. Alternatively, you can find restaurants in those areas that don’t participate in the Dunkin Donuts application program and try to apply in person.
You can choose more than one restaurant at this point. When you do that, and you click next, you’ll move on to the registration page.
At the registration page, you’ll have to provide your information. This includes the first and last name, email address, login ID, password, language preferences, phone number, the last four digits of your social security number, and information about your gender.
You have three options for profile creation:
- Import information from your LinkedIn profile;
- Upload a resume;
- Enter your information manually.
You will have to provide information about your age, physical abilities, work history with the franchise, and transportation options. Most importantly, you will choose the type of employment you’re looking for — full time, part-time, or seasonal. You can also indicate your availability for work on the weekends, and upload your motivational letter or resume.
Creating a Profile
There are seven steps when you’re creating a profile for Dunkin Donuts.
- In the first step, you will provide your personal information, including your first and last name, address, and contact information. You will get another chance to specify the type of employment you’re looking for.
- In the next step, you will provide information about your education history. You can write about high school, college, or graduate school. If you have had any other type of education, you can list it under other.
- In the military history section, you will provide information about your former military service, if you served. You should only provide as much information as you’re comfortable with or as much as you can.
- The fourth step deals with two types of legal information you will have to provide. You will have to confirm your ability to work in the United States legally, and you will have to provide information about any previous times you’ve been discharged as an employee.
- In the next step, you will provide detailed information about your employment history. Besides the length of employment, position, and responsibilities, you will also need to point out if it’s okay to contact your previous employers.
- The sixth step, in which you provide a list of references, is your opportunity to provide references from the people who have known you in a professional capacity and have something nice to say about you.
- In the last step, you will read about the consequences of providing false or misleading information. You will also need to type in your name as a form of electronic signature that shows that you understood and complied with the form.
Checking the Application
Once you’ve filled out all the necessary information, you can proceed and submit your Dunkin Donuts application. Before you do, however, it might be a clever idea to take a step back and review your profile. Here are some of the questions you can ask yourself that will help you ensure your profile is the best it can be:
- Did I answer honestly to all questions? There’s no reason to lie in your job application, and it may come back to hurt you later.
- Did I provide the correct information? Also, make sure you didn’t misspell anything. Spelling mistakes are a big red flag in the job application process.
- Did I make sure that only my past employers that have been good can be reached? You have that option. So, don’t be afraid to use it.
Minimum Age for Employment at Dunkin Donuts
You must be at least 16 years old to apply for a job at one of the restaurants. You will have at least two chances to provide information about your age during the application process. While you will have the option to withhold your year of birth at least once, you will have to confirm that you are older than 16.
You don’t necessarily need experience in related positions, especially if you’re applying for one of the entry-level positions at the company. Having related experience, however, is always a plus when you’re applying for a job.
Dunkin Donuts Hours of Operation
The hours of operation vary from one restaurant to another, and they also depend on the day of the week and public holidays.
In general, restaurants are open Monday through Friday from 5 AM to 10 PM. On weekends, restaurants generally work shorter hours, from 6 AM to 9 PM. Some locations are open 24/7.
If you’d like to find out the exact working hours of a specific restaurant, your best bet would be to contact the brand’s customer service.
Entry Level Dunkin Donuts Careers and Respective Income
If you’re looking for an entry-level position in a Dunkin Donuts restaurant, you should apply for a job as a crew member. Crew members perform a variety of tasks, including preparing and serving food and drinks, operating the drive-thru windows, and cleaning the workstations.
The salaries for crew members usually start around the minimum wage, so you shouldn’t expect more than $8 or $9 an hour. Experienced crew members who are very good at what they do can look forward to salary increases, 401(k) retirement plans, and paid leave.
Dunkin Donuts Careers in Management
There are two management jobs you can apply for in the franchise restaurant. You can apply to be an assistant restaurant manager if you have at least a high school diploma or an equivalent, and you have experience working in the foodservice industry in a supervisory capacity. You start earning around $11 an hour, with a chance for a pay increase and other perks.
As a restaurant manager, you must meet the same minimum requirements as an assistant manager, but you must be able to handle more responsibilities. Starting pay would be around $26k per year, with room for growth.
Benefits of Working at Dunkin Donuts
Dunkin Donuts provides a dynamic work environment with room for advancement in the food service industry and the opportunity to gain practical knowledge about running a restaurant.
Because different restaurants have different owners, the benefits policies vary greatly.
- Employees usually have at least a discount for some of the restaurant’s wares, and in some cases, they can enjoy certain things for free.
- Employees are provided with the training they need to perform their jobs, and they can sometimes have flexibility with their scheduling.
- After some time spent with the restaurant, employees might be eligible for health insurance, earned vacation time, as well as pension plans.
Basic Tips for Applying at Dunkin Donuts
Having a strong resume is one of the things you can do to put yourself ahead of other candidates. If this is your first time writing a resume, or if you never wrote a resume for a position in the food service sector, here are some tips that will be helpful to you.
If you look at a sample fast food resume, you’ll notice that it uses very precise and specific language. When a person looks at your resume, they shouldn’t have to deal with any vague descriptions. They should get the information they need straight away.
Plus, if the restaurant uses an applicant tracking system, precise and specific terms are likely to contain keywords the system uses to process the applications.
It would also be a clever idea to start your resume with a short summary that demonstrates how you share the restaurant’s values and goals, and how you possess the traits they are looking for. In the body of the resume, include any experiences and skills that make you look like a desirable candidate.
Dunkin Donuts Interview Tips
After you apply for a job, either through the online portal or in person at a restaurant, you will have to attend an interview at the restaurant where you want to work.
You should look presentable for your interview, but not too fancy, and you should be confident in your skills and work ethics. You’ll probably want to do some research about the restaurant beforehand.
Frequently Asked Interview Questions
Some of the topics you should expect to come up during an interview include:
- How would you handle an angry customer?
- Have you ever worked somewhere where you handled money?
- How capable are you to multitask?
- What’s your management style (if you’re applying for a management position)?
- Can you handle a high volume of work (if you’re applying for a baker position)?
Working at Dunkin Donuts
With more than thirty cups of coffee sold every second, Dunkin Donuts is one of America’s favorite restaurant chains.
If you want to be a part of a large brand and do easy work with a flexible schedule, you might consider applying for a job at Dunkin Donuts.
To access the Dunkin Donuts Online Application directly, click here.
To discover other popular job applications read here: