We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Employment at Banana Republic
Banana Republic is a Gap spin-off store chain that sells men and women’s clothing and accessories. Founded back in 1978 by Mel and Patricia Ziegler, the store was purchased in 1983 by the Gap corporations and since then, it operates as a Gap subsidiary. Banana Republic sells high quality clothing for sophisticated people who want to go the extra mile to look well. At the moment, the company operates in the U.S., where it has more than 500 stores, Canada, where it has 40 stores and in outside North America, where it has another 62 stores. So, if you want to work for a fashion store with an extensive experience in excellence, then send in your Banana Republic application today for the chance of a lifetime!
Banana Republic Application
If you want to apply for one of the Banana Republic careers, then you need to know that you will have to send your Banana Republic job application online via the Banana Republic Careers Portal, as the company no longer provides a printable jobs and employment form.
Go to the official site, www.bananarepublic.com and scroll down towards the menus at the bottom of the page. Click on the Careers button from the middle menu and you will be redirected automatically to the Banana Republic job application portal.
Search for the ideal Banana Republic jobs for you either by location or by keyword. You can also choose a Category of Banana Republic jobs that you are interested in from the following:
- Human Resources Jobs at Banana Republic
- Loss Prevention (HQ) : Non- Agent/ Management Banana Republic Careers
- Loss Prevention (store) : Agent/ Service Representative Banana Republic Careers
- Facilities/ Maintenance Banana Republic Jobs
- Production/ Pre-Production Banana Republic Jobs
- Product Design Banana Republic Careers
- Store: Sales Associate/ Stock/ Supervisor Banana Republic Jobs
- Store Management Banana Republic Careers
All your results will be labeled as Hot Banana Republic Jobs, New Banana Republic Jobs or New and Hot Banana Republic Jobs, so take your time exploring your options. Read the job descriptions of the available positions by clicking on the job titles.
You will find a long list of the responsibilities associated with the position and of the main requirements that you are expected to meet in order to be considered eligible for the Banana Republic job that you have chosen, as well as the application status of the position.
Analyze the list closely and find the Banana Republic careers which are best suited for your needs and expectations. When your find the job(s) that you want to apply to, click on the Apply for job button to begin your Banana Republic online application form.
First, you will be asked to provide your e-mail address and then your full name. The Banana Republic application portal will verify if you have a profile or not and all new applicants will be asked to create their Banana Republic job application portal login, which consists of a username and a password.
Then, you will be asked to read the Privacy Agreement of the Banana Republic application portal and if you agree, continue to fill out the Banana Republic online application form, which includes the following 11 steps:
- This step of the Banana Republic application requires you to give your consent for the Banana Republic hiring specialists to conduct a background check on you.
- Please note that this step of the Banana Republic application is mandatory and that you cannot continue your Banana Republic application unless you give your consent.
- You can also opt to receive a copy of the inquiry report conducted by the Banana Republic hiring specialists.
CV Parsing (Pre Population)
- This step of the Banana Republic application form provides you with the opportunity to fill out your employment form faster by uploading your resume.
- You can upload it:
- directly from your computer
- via LinkedIn
- The Banana Republic application portal will extract the relevant information for some of the following fields of the form.
- Naturally, you will have to check every piece of information extracted by the portal and make modifications where you feel that these are necessary.
The Banana Republic application portal also allows you to fill out your form manually, without uploading your resume.
The Banana Republic job application form will require you to provide the following information:
- Full Contact Details
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Whether or not you have ever applied/ have worked at Gap before
- Desired Salary
- Availability – you will be asked to provide your availability for every day of the week.
- How you have heard about the Banana Republic career that you are applying for.
My EEO Information
EEO stands for Equal Employment Opportunity and the Banana Republic job application form includes this special section dedicated to this as it is one of the main policies of Banana Republic employment.
You will need to fill out two sections:
- Race/ Ethnic Identification
Please note that in both queries one of the possible answers is “I do not wish to provide this information”.
Your Banana Republic application will not be disregarded in any way if you choose not to disclose this type of information about yourself.
- This section will be populated with data from your resume by the Banana Republic application portal if you choose to supply one.
- If you have not uploaded your CV, you can add all the details of your previous employment and academic achievements manually.
Questions About Me
- For this step of the Banana Republic application form, you will need to answer the following questions:
- Are you legally authorized to work in the US?
- Have you ever been dismissed or forced to resign from any employment?
- Select your age range
- Will you need sponsorship for employment visa status?
- Would you like a copy of the customer report?
Tax Credit Questionnaire
- The Tax Credit Survey section of the Banana Republic application form is mandatory and you will need to answer a series of questions regarding your tax and credit history.
- This section will be filled out automatically by the Banana Republic application portal if you provide a resume.
- If you have chosen to fill out the Banana Republic application form manually, then you will have to take the time to list all of your qualifications.
- This step of the Banana Republic job application form requires you to attach additional documents to your employment form.
- Attach scanned versions of diplomas and transcripts, as well as references and a cover letter
- This step of the Banana Republic online application form might be required for some Banana Republic careers.
- This is the final step of the Banana Republic application form, which will allow you to view your entire employment form exactly like the Banana Republic hiring specialists will
- You are also allowed to edit out any mistakes that you might have made or to add any information that you might have omitted
When you are done filling out your Banana Republic online application form and proofreading it, click on the Submit button to complete the Banana Republic application process. You will be notified whether or not your application has been delivered successfully.
Minimum Age for Employment at Banana Republic
Gap hiring policy dictates that all employees need to be above the age of 16. However, since the minimum age of employment differs among the various Gap subsidiaries, the age limit for Banana Republic employment is 18.
Banana Republic Hours of Operation
The standard Banana Republic store hours are 10:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. Monday to Saturday and 10:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. on Sundays.
However, since Banana Republic store hours might fluctuate, you are advised to use the Banana Republic Store Locator to find the hours of operation of the Banana Republic store that you are about to visit. You need to go to banana republic.com and click on the Find a Store button on the top right hand corner of the page.
Entry-Level Banana Republic Careers and Income
Entry-level Banana Republic careers are an excellent starting point for a successful career in fashion, as the company prepares its employees to be the best at all times. Furthermore, they are offered the possibility of advancement within the company because Banana Republic takes its promoting from within policy extremely seriously.
Banana Republic Store Associate (Brand Ambassador)- Job Description and Duties
The main role of the Banana Republic Store Associate is to interact with the customers and provide them with assistance in choosing the right Banana Republic clothing for their needs. He/ She will be responsible for the following departments:
- Banana Republic Women’s Clothing
- Banana Republic Men’s Clothing
- Banana Republic Maternity Clothes
- Banana Republic Baby Clothing
The Banana Republic Store Associate is also called a Brand Ambassador precisely because he/she represents the brand, along with its core values to the customers. He/she will get to interact personally with the customers and therefore, he/ she must be a display a respectful and helpful conduct at all times.
Banana Republic Store Associate (Brand Ambassador)- Salary and Compensation
As this is one of the entry- level Banana Republic careers, the salary starts out at $8.00 per hour. Then, according to the performance of the employee, the salary can be increased up to $12.00 per hour.
Additionally, the Banana Republic Store Associate is entitled to a bonus pack at the end of the year, which includes a Cash Bonus and a Commission Sharing Bonus, which will increase his/ her annual rate.
Banana Republic Careers in Management
Banana Republic Managers are expected to have exceptional leadership skills and an outstanding eye for fashion, so that the Banana Republic store is able to provide its customers with the best possible shopping experience.
Assistant Manager – Job Description and Duties
The Assistant Manager will work alongside the Banana Republic Store Manager and will perform all the tasks indicated by him/her. The Assistant Manager will conduct the training for new Banana Republic employees and will oversee the performance of the entire staff.
The Assistant Manager will be the Banana Republic Store Manager’s eyes and ears in the store and he/she will report any issues or matters that require or could use improvement to Manager.
As this is an Assistant position in Management, he/she will also attend training sessions for the Store Manager position and his development will be assessed periodically.
Assistant Manager – Salary and Compensation
The starting base salary for this Banana Republic career in Management is $14.00 per hour. This rate is then increased in line with the development of the employee and can reach as much as $21.00 per hour.
The Assistant Manager is also entitled to an end-of-year bonus pack that includes a Cash Bonus and a Commission Sharing Bonus, which is meant to reward his/ her performance.
Basic Tips for Applying at Banana Republic
In order to create a successful Banana Republic job application, you need to fill out your Banana Republic application form when you have the proper disposition for it because you will need to be patient and attentive to details.
Provided that you have an updated resume written and ready to be uploaded, it will take you about one hour to go through the entire Banana Republic application process.
Uploading a resume to the Banana Republic online application form is optional, but it might save you a lot of time. You are also given the possibility of transferring the required information from your LinkedIn profile, if this is a more convenient option for you.
While you can fill out all the sections of the employment form manually, supplying a resume might be of use to you because you are essentially providing the Banana Republic hiring specialists with a comprehensive view of your professional experience and qualifications. In the event that they are interested in finding out more about you, they will have the proper means to do so.
Regardless of what you choose, be very careful when filling out/checking the Contact Information section, because the Banana Republic hiring specialists will rely on what you provide to contact you.
Also, take the time to upload a cover letter to your Banana Republic job application form, because it is an excellent opportunity for you to elaborate on the skills and characteristics that make you a valuable candidate for Banana Republic employment.
You need to be in good humors when filling out your Banana Republic job application, as your Cover Letter needs to be charming and persuasive.
The last step of the Banana Republic online application form is also extremely important because you get the chance to proofread your application and make any improvements you see necessary. Remember that spelling and grammar mistakes will depict you are careless and inattentive to details, which clashes with the expectations that Banana Republic has from its employees.
Benefits at Banana Republic
Banana Republic employees are entitled to certain benefit packages according to their career level, their performance and that of their team. The main benefit package includes the following Banana Republic benefits:
- Banana Republic Employee Discount – that the employees can use on Banana Republic clothing and accessories
- Banana Republic In Store Coupons
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Prescription Coverage Plan
- Savings Plan
- Anniversary/ Recognition Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off – including Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Sick Days, Bereavement Leave and others
- Charitable Match Donations
Banana Republic Interview Tips & Hiring Process Information
The Banana Republic hiring process begins with the examination of your Banana Republic application by the Human Right Department. Then, the Banana Republic Store Manager and the Assistant Manager will handpick the most promising candidates for In-Store Banana Republic careers and the Department Managers respectively for Corporate Banana Republic careers.
The number of interviews starts at one, for entry-level Banana Republic careers, and is increased in line with the career level of the Banana Republic job.
You will be guided by the company hiring specialists all throughout the Banana Republic hiring process, but you need to be ready to perform all the tasks required from you.
The interviews for In-Store Banana Republic careers will be carried out in the Banana Republic store, while those for Corporate Banana Republic careers will be held at the Banana Republic Corporate office in the area.
Read about the development of the Banana Republic brand and make sure you are familiar with the latest Banana Republic clothing line, as this will prove to be a valuable advantage for you.
The clothes that you pick for the interview will represent you and you need to be particularly careful, as a solid fashion sense is mandatory for prospective Banana Republic employees.
Choose a business-casual outfit for entry-level Banana Republic careers and make sure that you do not include Banana Republic clothing, as this could seem somewhat desperate. Instead, you could choose clothes that are of similar style to Banana Republic clothes.
Interviews for higher level Banana Republic careers will require a business-casual look and maybe even a business-formal look for Banana Republic careers in management.
Frequently Asked Banana Republic Interview Questions
Given the fact that Banana Republic is a fashion store, you need to be ready to provide solid interview answers for questions regarding fashion, such as:
- Could you please name fashion trend that is in style today?
- Could you describe your personal fashion style in one word?
- Do you know what is currently tending in men’s fashion?
- Where do you find your fashion inspiration?
Provide innovative and witty answers to the interviewer’s questions and smile as often as you can because this will be the most attractive accessory in your look.
You should also expect questions that assess your abilities in the work field that you are applying for. Here are some examples for the Customer Service Department:
- What would you say to a customer who comes in and asks you for outfit ideas?
- How would you approach a difficult client?
- What could you bring to Banana Republic?
- What are the main qualities that you think recommend you for this position?
For more interesting and popular career applications: