Employment at Sky Zone
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding employment opportunity in a fun and upbeat atmosphere, check out Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Parks. This article will give you a good understanding of the Sky Zone application process, as well as provide an overview of what it’s like to work at Sky Zone. Sky Zone has been cited by Forbes as one of “America’s Most Promising Companies”. The original Sky Zone concept was to develop a competitive sport and trampoline dodgeball park, but the focus switched when the father-son founder duo discovered that customers were willing to pay $8 a piece to jump in the indoor trampoline park.
Sky Zone makes the process of applying for a job quick and easy. Simply click on your desired location and find the link for current job opportunities. Each location will have a link to their respective application with instructions for how to apply for open positions.
Sky Zone Application
Sky Zone locations are independently owned and operated, so if you are looking for a job at Sky Zone, the first step in the Sky Zone application process would be to visit the Sky Zone website and then click on “Locations“. Each Sky Zone is responsible for hiring their own employees. At the bottom of the local site, there is a “Join our Team” link for your selected location. Here you will find a list of available opportunities in your location. Following are descriptions of potential jobs at Sky Zone:
- Cashier – The Cashier provides information and completes sales transactions while maintaining the highest level of Guest service.
- Team Member – Team Members typically can work in multiple area and work directly with guests. Their primary objective is to provide outstanding customer service while adhering to Sky Zone safety standards. They are cross-trained on various positions.
- Event Assistants – Event Host, Call Center Representative, SkyFit Instructor, Franchise Owner, detailed brochure.
- Event Assistant – Job responsibilities of Event Assistants include checking in guests for events such as group outings and birthday parties. In addition, they are responsible for booking new events and confirming upcoming events. The Event Assistant primarily focuses on activities that need to be completed before the event.
- Event Host – The Event Host helps create a fun and interactive experience for guests. This includes ensuring an event that is well organized and professional while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Call Center Representative – The Call Center Representative is responsible for taking calls from Sky Zone call center guests. They understand the company offerings and procedures and answer guest questions and concerns. The Call Center Representative also possesses sales skills that are necessary to suggest Sky Zone services.
- SkyFit Instructor – The SkyFit Instructor teaches an hour-long fitness class that is fun, interactive and follows Sky Zone safety procedures.
- Manager – The Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of their Sky Zone location. In addition, they are responsible for integrating the Sky Zone brand while increasing visibility and awareness.
- Franchise Owner – Sky Zone was the first venue of its type on the scene and best in its class. Sky Zone debuted the world’s first wall-to-wall trampoline park in 2004. The goal was to bring healthy, “high-flying fun” to its guests. You can join this international sensation by becoming a Franchise Owner. A detailed brochure is also available in the Franchise Owner information.
- Food and Beverage Director – The role of the Food and Beverage Director is to meet the needs of our ever growing and evolving global brands by managing the Food and Beverage aspect for Sky Zone locations around the globe.
- Talent Acquisition/HR Manager – Sky Zone often seeks experienced HR Managers who will support field operations of all company parks while heading up key areas of the business at the corporate headquarters (Home Zone- Los Angeles).
The following steps provide detailed information regarding the Sky Zone Application Process:
- Begin at the Sky Zone home page and choose Visit Park Website. From here, you can choose your desired location to search for current job openings. You will have the option to enter a specific zip code or city, state combination. You are then directed to your local Sky Zone website.
- Scroll to the bottom of your local Sky Zone webpage and click on “Join Our Team”. Here you will find current part-time and full-time job opportunities, as well as a link to the Sky Zone Application. Opportunities are listed with details providing job requirements along with a link that says “Apply”.
- Fill out the application, and if applying to a specific park it is recommended that you take your resume to the desired location and provide to the hiring manager. The application will be reviewed and you will be contacted if they are interested or need further information.
The Sky Zone Application Process can be accomplished in 5 easy steps:
1. Tell Us About Yourself
In this first section, you will be asked to fill out your personal information including name, address, phone number and email address. This is an important step and one to ensure accuracy as this is the hiring manager’s way to get a hold of you regarding the position you are applying for. In addition, you will select a specific position that you are applying for while also including your availability (part-time, full-time, number of hours desired etc.).
2. Educational Background
This section will ask for your education level, including where you went to high school and if you graduated, as well as any higher level education that you have completed. You will also be able to list any special training that may pertain to your desired position.
3. Work Experience
Beginning with your most recent employer, you will be asked to fill out where you are working, history of other jobs, including name of company, job title and duties, supervisor, dates employed and earnings.
You will be asked to provide 3 school, work or personal references not related to you who have knowledge of your work performance within the last three years.
5. Final Miscellaneous Information
In this final section, you will be asked if you are at least 18 years of age. Those under 18 are subject to verification that they are of legal age to work. You will also be asked if you have reliable transportation and if you can perform all essential job duties. You will be asked if you can provide proof of legal Citizenship and if you have ever been convicted of a felony and select misdemeanors. If you answer yes, you must provide detailed information. Answering yes does not disqualify anyone automatically as several factors will be considered. It’s important to answer that question honestly as part of the Sky Zone application process.
Minimum age for employment at Sky Zone
Most team member positions at Sky Zone require that you be at least 16 years of age. Contact your local Sky Zone for any exceptions. Anyone under the age of 18 must show proof of a legal work permit. For entry-level team positions, prior experience is not necessary. If you are applying for a job that requires prior experience, the job description will convey that.
Sky Zone Hours of Operation
Hours and days of operation vary by market. For details on your local Sky Zone, visit www.skyzone.com and click on “Visit Park Website”. Hours and days of operation, including special hours for events, are all listed on the location website.
Entry-level Sky Zone Careers and Respective Income
Sky Zone has several entry-level career opportunities such as cashier, party host, court monitor, and events assistant. The hourly pay ranges from $7.18/hour to $9.01/hour. The cashier is the first point of contact for the customer and opportunities to grow to lead cashier and hourly manager are available to anyone who works hard. The party host and events assistant plan and monitor birthday parties and events. Hourly lead positions as well as shift manager opportunities are available with experience and proven hard work.
Careers in Management at Sky Zone
Sky Zone has multiple management opportunities including:
- General Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Operations Manager
- Food and Beverage Director
- Events Operations Manager
Most management positions require a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree along with the ability to motivate a team and drive the Sky Zone culture. Previous management experience is typically required, as well as a proven track record in the area for which they are applying. In addition, management is typically expected to work nights and weekends. Customer facing management experience is preferred, but not required.
Most management jobs require a minimum of 2 years management experience.
Benefits of Working at Sky Zone
Since the locations are independently owned and operated, the benefits vary by location. Some offer paid time off and insurance, while others do not. The general consensus is that it is a fun place to work in an awesome team environment. Employees also get to jump for free which is a definite perk (and healthy!) The job offers the benefit of working in an active, upbeat atmosphere.
Basic Tips for Applying at Sky Zone
When applying for a job at Sky Zone, be sure to choose the correct location that you wish to work. Be sure to choose a job that is appropriate to your background and skill level. This will increase your chances of getting an interview. Sky Zone is looking for energetic, upbeat employees who love to get in on the action. If this sounds like you, you could be the perfect fit. Be sure to be thorough and check for grammar and spelling errors when completing your application. Following these simple tips could set you apart from the competition.
Sky Zone Interview Tips
Part of the Sky Zone application process will include an in-person interview. We’ll focus on some tips for more entry-level positions here:
Common Interview Questions
- Have responses for common interview questions i.e. what are some of your strengths and weaknesses. Be confident in your answers to these questions beforehand. It will build your confidence during the interview and make you look more qualified to the interviewer.
- Have a couple questions prepared beforehand for the interviewer. This shows you have taken a specific interest in the position and the company itself.
- Don’t be late!
- Dress appropriately and act professionally before, during and after the interview. The interview begins long before the first question. It begins the moment you walk through the door.
- After the interview, send a hand-written thank you note. This still goes a long way and is often overlooked.
Following are some common interview questions you might be asked during the Sky
Zone Application and Interview Process.
Working at Sky Zone
- Why do you want to work here?
- Did you play any sports in high school? If so, did you take on any leadership roles with the team?
- When are you available to start? Are you available nights, weekends and holidays?
- Describe yourself using one word.
- How would you handle an angry parent whose child just sprained their ankle on the trampoline?
- What do you know about Sky Zone and why do you want to work here?
- Describe yourself personally and as a worker.
Working at Sky Zone can be an extremely fun, active and rewarding job. If applying for an entry-level position, it can help teach you the skills needed to attain the next level of employment. The atmosphere is upbeat and team-oriented. Boring is not a word you will often hear describing the job. Whether you are just beginning your career or have leadership and management experience, Sky Zone could be the next best thing that happens in your career.
For more interesting and popular career applications: