Employment at Yogurtland
Yogurtland is an international frozen yogurt store franchise chain famous for its self-serve policy, its affordable prices, its wide range of yogurt flavors and its addictive Tokidoki collectible spoons. The company operates in as many as twenty American states and in several other countries and it continues to expand quickly as yogurt lovers appreciate the cozy mood in its stores. If you want to work as part of an amazing team, then send your Yogurtland application today for a chance at delightfully sweet career.
If you are interested in a Yogurtland job, then the first thing you need to know is that there are two ways in which you can apply:
#1 Via the Yogurtland Application Portal
To access the Yogurtland application portal, you need to go to the Yogurtland official site, www.yogurt-land.com and click on the Careers button at the bottom of the page. This will take you to the official Yogurtland careers page, where you can look through all the available positions at Yogurtland and their application status.
Choose from Corporate Yogurtland careers and Retail Yogurtland careers, according to your skills and qualifications. You can sort the Yogurtland jobs list either by date, so that you can see the latest Yogurtland job openings, or by location, so that you find the available Yogurtland job positions near you.
Analyze the list closely and choose the best positions for you; then click on the Yogurtland job titles to read a full description of the positions. You will be able to find out exactly what Yogurtland is looking for in an employee, both professionally and personally.
You will be presented with a description of the main responsibilities and with an extensive overview of the Cultural Qualifications that Yogurtland employees are expected to have.
If you feel that you identify with this profile, then click on the Apply for this position button to begin your Yogurtland online application form. This is a very simple jobs and employment form that only requires you to fill in the most important information about yourself that is relevant to Yogurtland employment:
- Personal Information – this section of the Yogurtland application form requires you provide your contact details, so that the Yogurtland hiring specialists can contact you regarding the next steps of the hiring process
- More Personal Information – answer a few important questions regarding your Yogurtland hiring process:
- Are you at least 18 years of age? – as this is the minimum Yogurtland employment age
- Are you a citizen of the U.S.A.? – this is also relevant in regards to your legal employment status
- Have you ever worked at Yogurtland before? – as expected, they will then ask you when and where your previous Yogurtland job was
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony? – such information will come up on a routine background check, but your sincerity will definitely be appreciated
- Job Information – this section of the Yogurtland application form requires you to mention the following three details, which are extremely important in regards to your Yogurtland employment process:
- Date available – the day you would be available to start your Yogurtland job is a valuable criteria for the hiring process
- Desired Salary – please read our Entry- Level Yogurtland Careers and Income and Yogurtland Careers in Management sections to find out more about the salary and compensation that Yogurtland employees are entitled to
- Job Type – choose between the following types of Yogurtland careers:
- Full-Time Yogurtland jobs
- Part-Time Yogurtland jobs
- Seasonal: Winter Yogurtland jobs
- Seasonal: Summer Yogurtland jobs
- Availability – please provide the exact amount of time you would be willing to work every day
- Education – in this part of the Yogurtland application you can include the main details regarding your academic background
- Military Service
- This step of the Yogurtland job application form requires you to provide information about time that you have spent in the military or not
- If you choose No, then you can pass to the next section
- If you choose ‘yes’, you will be asked to provide further details: branch, start date, end date, rank at discharge and type of discharge.
- Please note that this section of the Yogurtland application form is not marked as mandatory and if you do not wish to disclose this type of information, you will not be required to and your Yogurtland application will not be discredited in any way consequently
- Previous Employment – this step of the Yogurtland application form concerns your work experience and requires you to provide rather detailed information about it:
- Company – you are required to mention the name and address of the company
- Phone – so that the Yogurtland employment specialists can contact the company
- Supervisor – so that the Yogurtland employment specialists know who to ask about you
- Start and End Date – the duration of your collaboration with the company is relevant for determining your profile
- Starting Salary and Ending Salary – this will assess your professional evolution
- Job Title
- Reason for Leaving – this is a tricky one, but again, your sincerity will be appreciated (as your answer will most likely need to be corroborated by your supervisor; on the other hand, your sincerity will need to have some reasonable limits, because Yogurtland application form will have to put yourself in a good light
- May we contact the employer? – your consent is necessary so that they can perform this section of the background check; it is advisable that you give it
- You are only allowed to include two of your previous workplaces, so make sure that you choose the most important ones, which could refer you for the Yogurtland job that you are looking to get
- References – provide two references for the Yogurtland application form
- What are your Thoughts? – this step of the Yogurtland application form requires you to provide answers for two questions:
What would you like to contribute to Yogurtland culture?
- This is a preliminary interview style question meant to assess your personality that actually gives you the opportunity to explain why you would be a good match for Yogurtland employment:
Do you have any suggestions for possible yogurt flavors or toppings?
- This pre-interview question is much more important that it might seem initially; not only does it test your creativity and your ability to come up with innovative ideas, but it also tests out your knowledge regarding Yogurtland products, so make sure you do not mention any of the existing Yogurtland flavors.
- Given the impressive amount of yogurt and topping flavors at Yogurtland, the chance that your amazing idea already exists is quite high; so before mentioning any new flavor, take the time to check the Yogurtland Flavor Finder on the official website, yogurt-land.com/flavorfinder.
- Upload Resume – attach your resume to your Yogurtland job application, so that the Yogurtland employment specialists can get a comprehensive view of your professional and academic achievements
- In order to complete your Yogurtland application form, you will need to mention whether or not your medical history includes certain transmissible diseases
- Then, you will need to read the Terms and Conditions of the Yogurtland application form and hiring process and provide proof of the fact that you agree with it
When you are done with the Yogurtland application form, click on the Submit button at the bottom of the page and your Yogurtland careers form will be sent off. You will receive confirmation that your Yogurtland application has been delivered successfully.
#2 In Person, at the Yogurtland locations near you
While a printable Yogurtland application pdf is no longer in use, you can still go to the Yogurtland locations within your reach and inquire about available Yogurtland jobs.
You are advised to talk to the Yogurtland Store Manager and he/ she might provide you with a Yogurtland application form, which you can fill out then and there, or she might advise you to apply via the Yogurtland application portal, depending on store policy.
The Yogurtland application form that you receive is most likely similar to the Yogurtland online application form, so make sure you have your resume with you when you fill it out in order to be able to supply all the information necessary.
Minimum Age for Employment at Yogurtland
Yogurtland store policy dictates that all applicants for Yogurtland jobs need to be at least 18 years old. All candidates below this age limit will be eliminated from the Yogurtland application process immediately, so that the store can remain in line with hiring laws.
Entry-level Yogurtland careers are ideal for students looking for a summer job or a part-time job, so the company encourages them to send in their Yogurtland job applications.
Yogurtland Hours of Operation
Typical Yogurtland hours for weekdays are 11:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. or even 11:00 P.M. in some locations. Weekend Yogurtland hours are 11:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M. almost everywhere.
Use the Yogurtland Store Locator on the official site to find the exact Yogurtland hours for the store you are heading for because these might fluctuate from one location to the other.
Entry-Level Yogurtland Careers and Income
If you are interested in a Yogurtland career, then you should know that the most important qualities that you are expected to have are the following:
- Totally Honest, Totally Kind (THTK) – because integrity, compassion and transparency are the core values of a Yogurtland employee
- Humble – because you are always expected to give your best while on the job
- Heart and Soul – because Yogurtland employees are expected to be soulful and personally invested in their work
- Team Play – because you are expected to conduct your daily duties with the entire team’s best interest in mind
Store Associate – Job Description and Duties
This is the main entry level Yogurtland position and it entails a wide range of responsibilities within the Yogurtland store, such as:
- Handling the Cash Register and being responsible for its contents
- Tasting the Yogurtland products in order to personally make sure that they are in line with the quality requirements of Yogurtland policy
- Assisting in the training of new team members
- Ensuring that the store is in line with the health and safety standards at all times
- Displaying flawless customer service at all times
Please take note that this is somewhat physically challenging position, as it entails continuous standing, walking and hand use, frequent bending, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling, occasional climbing an kneeling and seldom heavy lifting.
Store Associate – Salary and Compensation
As this is an entry level Yogurtland career, the starting salary for this position is $8.00 per hour, but as the employee displays development in the way that he/ she performs the responsibilities of the position, the salary will be increased to as much as $10.00 per hour.
Yogurtland Careers in Management
Yogurtland careers in Management are reserved for people who are able to identify how the overall performance of the Yogurtland team can be improved in order to deliver the best possible customer service and who are then able to coordinate the team so that this objective is met.
Store Manager – Job Description and Duties
The Yogurtland Store Manager leads by example and represents the standard of performance at all times. He/ She is responsible to develop strategies that improve the performance and sales achievements of the Yogurtland store and to train the store personnel so that they are able to put them in practice.
Store Manager – Salary and Compensation
The base salary of this Yogurtland career in Management starts out at an hourly rate of $13.00 and is then increased to as much as $16.00 per hour, according to the performance of the Store Manager and that of the Yogurtland store.
Additionally, the Yogurtland Store Manager is entitled to a series of performance-based bonuses, which will awarded at the end of the year, so as to repay his/ her work.
Basic Tips for Applying at Yogurtland
Before filling out your Yogurtland online application form, make sure that you have your updated resume ready. This means that you need to read it again and make some additions to the sections that indicate that you are a solid candidate for Yogurtland employment.
For example, you can provide more detailed information about your responsibilities in a previous customer services position or you can list additional information regarding your skills and qualifications.
Then, proceed to fill out all the sections of the Yogurtland application form with extreme diligence, because every piece of information that you provide is extremely important.
Pay special attention to the ‘What are your Thoughts?’ Section of the Yogurtland online application form, because the questions included there are actually pre-interview questions.
For the “What would you like to contribute to Yogurtland culture?” question, list all of your personal qualities that make you a solid candidate for the Yogurtland job that you are applying for. Read the job description of any of the Yogurtland positions to find the list of core values that Yogurtland employees are expected to have.
Be honest and mention all of your qualities that match the expectations that Yogurtland has of you. Then write about what parts of your professional experience prepare you for the Yogurtland career you have chosen and how your performance will be beneficial to the store specifically.
The secret to providing a top answer to the “Do you have any suggestions for possible yogurt flavors or toppings?” question is to think about what you or your friends have always wanted to find in a shop like Yogurtland. Then use the Flavor Finder on the official site to check if it already exists. You should think about more than one flavor, as there is quite a high chance that Yogurtland already has it.
Advanced Tips for Applying at Yogurtland
If for whatever reason you do not want to send your Yogurtland application online, you can go to the Yogurtland locations near you and ask about available Yogurtland positions there. However, using the Yogurtland job application portal beforehand to check if there are any openings near you might prove to be extremely useful.
Use the Store Locator on the official site to find all the Yogurtland locations near you, along with the Yogurtland store hours for each of them.
You should expect that the Yogurtland Store Manager might suggest that you use the Yogurtland application portal anyway, as not all stores still use the paper-based employment forms.
Benefits at Yogurtland
Yogurtland policy dictates that only full-time employees are entitled to benefits. The only benefit that part-time employees are entitled to are the following:
- Dynamic Work Environment
- Free frozen yogurt within store hours
- Employee Discounts for Yogurtland products (outside store hours)
The exact contents of the benefit pack that full-time employees receive is determined by the duration od their collaboration and several other criteria derermined by Store Management. These are the benefits that they can receive:
- Healthcare Plan – includes Medical and Dental Plans
- Basic Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible Work Hours
- Paid Time Off – includes Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations and Sick Days
- Employment Discount
- Possibility of Advancement
- Flexible Work Hours
Yogurtland Interview Tips & Hiring Process Information
Entry- level Yogurtland positions generally require only one interview with the Store Manager, who will assess whether or not you are a proper candidate for the Yogurtland job that you have chosen to apply for.
The interview will most likely focus on three main things:
- Your personality
Expect psychological questions meant to determine whether or not you fit the profile of the Yogurtland employee. Always provide sincere interview answers, because it is in your best interest.
- Your professional achievements
The Store Manager will ask you about the responsibilities that your had in your previous workplace and what you would do in certain situations that you are likely to be faced with in Yogurtland employment.
- Your legal right to work in the U.S.
You will be asked whether or not you are an American citizen (in spite of the fact that you have already given your answer in the Yogurtland job application form) and whether or not you will need assistance with your Visa.
The best way to prepare for the interview for your desired Yogurtland career is going to an actual Yogurtland restaurant in order to have a fresh Yogurtland experience to guide you as you answer the interview questions.
Observe the main things that the Yogurtland employees do in their work and how they address customers. You will actually get to play the role of the customer, so use this opportunity to ask questions and maintain a conversation, so that you can analyze their behavior.
You can also read about Yogurtland and its multitude of flavors. While you are not expected to know all of them, you should remember a few, as you might have to answer questions about them.
Choose a business casual outfit for your interview, because formal clothing might clash with the cozy mood of the Yogurtland restaurant.
If you are applying for higher level Yogurtland positions, then you should expect more than one interview session and you should expand your research towards the development of the company throughout the years and its current financial policies.
Business attire is mandatory for all interviews for management Yogurtland careers and mildly formal clothing is appropriate in this situation, so choose wisely!
Frequently Asked Yogurtland Interview Questions
The interview for your Yogurtland job will most likely be conducted in the Yogurtland restaurant and it will consist of a discussion that you will have with the Store Manager.
These are some of the questions that you might be asked during the interview:
- Why have you chosen to apply to Yogurtland?
- What is your favorite Yogurtland career?
- What would you recommend to a customer who tells you that he/ she likes mildly sweet flavors?
- How would you address a difficult customer?
- Do you enjoy working as part of a team or do you perform better when you work alone?
Be calm and try to genuinely engage in the discussion; this entails that you make eye contact with the interviewer at all times and that you smile whenever you get the chance, so as to demonstrate your enthusiasm.