Ross Application – Employment at Ross
Ross Stores is a national chain of over three hundred stores that operates under the name “Ross Dress for Less”. Starting as a Californian-based business, they have since grown to rival TJ Maxx as one of the biggest off-price retailers in the country. As an off-price retailer, they sell major-brand clothing at a significant discount, mostly along the West Coast, and have an upbeat feel focusing on selling to women. They have, however, recently begun to expand their focus to begin including stock for men as well. Their wide range of branded stock is typically bought as end-of-line opportunities from other retailers and is, for the most part, comprised of apparel and associated branded fashion accessories. Their prices are typically up to seventy percent less than the full retail pricing.
The chain has a long history of involvement with their local communities and is an active participant in projects involving local charities. In such projects, Ross Dress For Less often gets involved by providing clothing or financial support to local charities who may themselves be involved in the repair or creation of ranges of clothing for charity. They currently employ around forty-five thousand people between the U.S. and their new venture in Guam. All applications for jobs need to be done through the Ross website, and a successful Ross online application for employment will bring full- or part-time employment and opportunities in a company that continues to grow steadily even in the current economic climate.
Ross Jobs Available
You may submit a Ross application form for any of the following positions: Retail Associate, Buyer, Area Supervisor, Merchandise Handler, Sales Intern, Customer Service Representative, Data Entry Clerk, Warehouse Worker, Night Stock Room Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Administrative Assistant, Store Protection Specialist and Assistant Buyer.
Minimum Employment Age at Ross
If you are making a Ross job application online, please bear in mind that positions are only available to applicants aged eighteen years old and over.
Ross Store Hours
If you use the “Store Locator” link at the top right-hand side of the website, you can either search via ZIP code or State to find stores near you. Their opening hours are listed for each store but are typically 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. from Monday to Saturday and 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Important Tips to Apply Online with Ross
- The only place that you can make applications is on their website. Select the “Careers” link in the row of options at the top of the page to begin making a Ross online application.
- When you have entered the Careers section of the web page, you have the option either to submit a resume or use the Job Search function. This will allow you to begin using the Ross job application form. In the event that you do not already have a resume prepared, there are a number of suitable templates already online for you to use, which will assist you in your job hunting.
- The Job Search section provides options to allow you to search for openings either by keyword, store location or business function. Among the options it gives you is the chance to define your flexibility in how far you are willing to travel for any given job.
- The job details for any given opportunity give a brief overview of the company and the position’s key roles and responsibilities. You will see what the business defines as the core competencies for any given role, as well as any qualifications or experience that Ross feels are essential for you to have to demonstrate an aptitude for the position.
- Choosing to apply for any role will then open a separate window that will begin the process of registering you as a candidate and stepping you through the Ross application form.
Most Common Positions at Ross & Income Information
The majority of roles that Ross advertises for are based in the stores and are either hourly positions or professional roles. Most often, the job that you will likely fill out a Ross job application for will be a Sales Associate role with duties such as operating registers, stocking goods, assisting customers and other similar assigned customer-facing tasks. These jobs usually start at around $9 an hour. The management roles will typically be either store managers or assistant managers, and will be concerned with overseeing daily store operations, hiring and training staff, and scheduling workers. As a salaried role, a Ross manager can earn between $30,000 and $60,000 per year depending on the store location, their experience and their job title. In addition, as a retail chain, there are roles concerned with warehouse working and the appropriate supervision of that part of the business, as well as corporate back office careers that include administration, data entry and sales intern positions. A full and constantly updated set of listings is available through the Ross careers website.
Your successful completion of a Ross application and subsequent acceptance for a role within the company brings you a number of benefits, including comprehensive on-the-job training, competitive pay rates and flexible scheduling. Team members also receive a discount for store merchandise. In addition, the company provides health coverage for a number of areas including dental, vision and more general medical coverage for its team members, as well as the opportunity to invest in their own retirement 401(k) savings plan and the optional choice to join and take advantage of an employee stock purchase program. Commuter reimbursement, paid sick leave and vacations as well as pre-paid legal services are also available to employees. The benefits will vary slightly from role to role, as well as with the length of service with the company, but Ross HR staff will review the specifics of your benefits package with you if you are a successful candidate.
As with many larger companies there will exist a number of opportunities for promotion and professional growth within the wider organization so that over time you can develop new skills and aptitudes. Even starting at an entry-level position does not stop you from later improving your position, first to a supervisory role and then in the future into more managerial and professional positions should you so wish.
To access the Ross Online Application directly, click here.
To discover other popular job applications read here: