Employment at PepsiCo
A stellar company, with a portfolio gathering some of the most iconic food and drink brands in the world, PepsiCo. Inc was created in 1965, through the merger of two of the biggest names in the business: the Pepsi-Cola Company and Frito-Lay Inc. Reaching further than its most prominent product, Pepsi, the company has been expanding constantly over the years. Its products are now sold in more than 200 countries around the globe, generating annually multibillion dollar profits in retail sales. A few of the global brands PepsiCo is developing, distributing and selling are: Pepsi, Lay’s, Mtn Dew, Gatorade, Tropicana, Diet Pepsi, 7 Up, Doritos, Quaker, Cheetos, Mirinda, Lipton, Ruffles, Tostitos, Aquafina, Pepsi Max, Diet Mtn Dew, Brisk, Sierra Mist, Fritos and Walkers. That being said, you are probably already in a rush to send in a job application with the PepsiCo and join a great community of 300,000 employees around the world. But let’s take a moment to look at the edgy history, full of twists and turns, surrounding the one product that made it all happen. In his search to create a drink that would help digestion and boost the energy level, North Carolina pharmacist Caleb Bradham developed the soft drink Pepsi in the early 1890’s and initially sold it at his local drugstore.
He then changed the drink’s name a few years later into Pepsi-Cola – derived from the two of its ingredients: the digestive enzyme pepsin and the kola nuts. Despite the fact that Bradham saw an incredible sales increase during the first two decades after introducing the beverage on the market, he was forced to declare bankruptcy at the beginning of the 1930’s.
Following yet another bankruptcy after Roy C. Megargel purchased the Pepsi trademark, all of Pepsi’s assets were acquired by Charles Guth, the president of Loft Inc. – a candy manufacturer – in his attempt to replace Coca-Cola as the company’s syrup provider.
He had Loft’s chemists reformulate Pepsi’s formula and then he resold it to Loft. Guth reached great success selling the product during The Great Depression years but he didn’t have the chance to enjoy it for long.
Given the fact that he had used Loft’s resources to transform the Pepsi-Cola Company into the great success it had become, in 1939 struggling Loft Inc. infamously sued Charles Guth in order to take over the company and ultimately won the rights to assimilate Pepsi.
However, it wasn’t until 1965, when the Pepsi-Cola Company and Frito-Lay Inc. joined forces, that PepsiCo Inc. and its namesake product, Pepsi, went on to become one of the most powerful forces in the food and beverage industry all over the world – a fairly good reason for writing about it now.
PepsiCo Application Process
Part of Pepsico’s expansion prospect is the perpetual growth of its performance levels. This is a company with a global vision, but committed to bring value on each local market it explores.
“Performance with Purpose” and “We never settle for the second best” are two of the landmark notes one could find in the “Why Work at PepsiCo” section of their official site www.pepsicojobs.com/en. Anyone might feel some kind of pressure hearing these statements that proudly sum up PepsiCo’s exigency levels. But coming from a company with such an innovative vision, it can also be an open invitation to be part of an outstanding team of professionals.
PepsiCo has joined the ranks of the equal opportunity employers, welcoming applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, nationality, veteran status, disability status, gender identity etc.
In fact, in 2012, PepsiCo’s commitment to promote equality and diversity in their working environment has earned the company a 100% score on the Corporate Equality Index conducted by the Human Rights Campaign, which designates the best places to work in terms of LGBT equality. PepsiCo is a constant presence in the annual Corporate Equality Index reports that are praising workplaces all over America in terms of respecting the Human Rights Campaign standards.
When looking for jobs at PepsiCo, you need to know that the company’s dedication for equal employment standards is also reflected in the special lines designed to offer assistance and make things accessible to anyone who wishes to become a PepsiCo employee.
In the Career page of their official site one can request an application accommodation that will redirect the user to a Candidate Care sheet, reserved for people with disabilities that make it hard or impossible for them to apply online. A representative will assist with the on-line application process.
There are hundreds of PepsiCo employment opportunities at all times in the U.S. and around the world. You can search for available Pepsi jobs online or apply directly via PepsiCo’s dedicated careers site http://www.pepsicojobs.com/en.
This is the PepsiCo careers login portal where, under “possibilities”, that may actually be the most powerful keyword in the job hunting vernacular, you can easily browse through and find the positions of interest. Here you can add a job title, select your region (by entering the name of the city or the postal code) and look through the available departments: Administrative Support, Campus (Intern/ Leadership), Corporate Transportation, Customer Service, Engineering/ IT, Finance, Health/ Safety/ Environment, Human Resources, Marketing/ Communications, Purchasing/ Procurement, Research/ Development, Sales and Supply Chain.
After you find the desired job and click the Apply button situated below the job description and duties summary you will be asked to create an account if you don’t already have one. Remember to select and answer all the three security questions required.
You will then be able to submit your résumé from various locations giving you the opportunity to upload from your computer, LinkedIn, Google Drive, Dropbox, or just fill in the blank space below these aforementioned buttons. You can always check your application status – just enter the PepsiCo Career Centre and use your login information.
Minimum Age for Employment at PepsiCo
PepsiCo prohibits the use of child labor. Generally, you have to be over 18 and even 21 years old in some cases in order to work at PepsiCo. Due to its worldwide presence, PepsiCo has developed the Global Supplier Code of Conduct – a set of regulations designed for the company’s business collaborators (contractors, suppliers, vendors etc.). According to this, PepsiCo expects suppliers to adhere to the minimum employment age limit defined by the national laws applied in the regions in which it operates and to comply with the International Labor Organization (ILO) protocols.
PepsiCo Hours of Operation
The work schedule for Pepsi employees varies depending on the actual job – whether it is in production, transportation, technical support, etc. . Also depending on the job type, Pepsi employees can work during the day, the evening hours, night-time or in rotating shifts.
One can reach any PepsiCo brand at all times in writing, by email or by phone. The Contact section of their site provides all the information required, whether you select the Career Contacts, Consumer Contacts, the Media Contacts, Shareholders, you will be able to find an answer to your inquiry or the appropriate person who can assist you.
Entry-Level PepsiCo Careers and Income
Let’s take a look at some of the most common PepsiCo careers, as well as their salary and compensation.
Merchandiser – Job Description and Duties
A Pepsi Merchandiser performs various product merchandising tasks, such as stocking the store’s shelves according to the company’s display criteria, stocking the coolers with products so that they are always full, managing products in storage rooms and moving them to the appropriate sales floors by using the transportation equipment provided by the company (pallet jacks, hand trucks, etc.).
The Merchandiser will deliver customer service if required to and will communicate with the customers in a respectful and considerate manner, so as to ensure that they are having the best possible experience at the store.
He/ She will perform the tasks as instructed by the Store Manager in line with the assigned guidelines. He/ She will inform superiors of any store-related issues that he/ she might find while performing daily tasks.
Applicants should bear in mind that this one of the most physically demanding Pepsi jobs, as it entails lifting, pushing and pulling cases that commonly weigh between 20 and 40 pounds, as well as frequent bending and reaching.
Merchandiser – Salary and Compensation
The salary for the Merchandiser position usually starts out at an hourly rate of $9 and can get as high as $20, according to the Pepsi employee’s performance and work experience. The average salary for this position is $14 per hour.
This position offers the PepsiCo employee the possibility of promotion, as he/ she gains experience at the company. PepsiCo values their workers and frequently offers them advancement opportunities.
Delivery Supervisor – Job Description and Duties
This position is available at the Pepsi Beverages Company (PBC), which focuses on manufacturing, sales and distribution all throughout the U.S. and to Mexico and Canada. PBC produces beverages under world-famous brands such as Pepsi, Mtn Dew, Gatorade, Lipton and Dr. Pepper.
The Delivery Supervisor is a team leader and as such, he/ she oversees the entire delivery process, making sure that the every step is carried out correctly by the PepsiCo employees.
He/ She will coordinate a team comprised of 15-20 Pepsi delivery drivers, with the main aim of respecting delivery time frames and quality conditions. He/ She will personally coach the drivers, so that they can achieve optimum levels of productivity.
The Delivery Supervisor will work alongside Warehouse Operations Supervisors and Sales Representatives, and will provide goal-oriented input so as to develop strategies that will improve every step of the delivery process.
Delivery Supervisor – Salary and Compensation
The base salary for the Delivery Supervisor position varies between an annual rate of $50,000 and $70,000. There is a series of performance-based bonuses that accompanies this base salary, as well as an attractive set of benefits.
PepsiCo Careers in Management
Given the size of the PepsiCo empire, there are plenty of Management Career opportunities all across the country. Due to the dynamic business development rate of the company, the demand for high quality management is extremely high.
Sales Operations Manager – Job Description and Duties
This position is available with the Pepsi Beverages Company (PBC) and entails the management of the entire sales operations sector. Aside from sales-related duties, this position includes marketing, warehouse operations and customer services duties, because the main aim of a Pepsi Sales Operations Manager is to coordinate the PBC team so that the products are in line with the highest quality standards from production to delivery.
A Sales Operation Manager’s goal is to maximize PBC revenue and this entails establishing close relationships with both PBC employees and the company’s key clients.
He/ She will personally train a team of sales professionals, so that they can represent the company values in their work. The Sales Operations Manager leads by example and provides motivation for the entire team.
Sales Operations Manager – Salary and Compensation
PepsiCo offers a competitive salary for the Sales Operations Manager position that starts out at an annual rate of $33,600 and that can get as high as $65,250. There a series of performance-based bonuses for this job, meant to reward the most invested and goal-oriented PepsiCo employees.
Basic Tips for Applying at PepsiCo
The group works hard to be sure that the right hiring choice is made for the candidate and PepsiCo, and they welcome your suggestions.
The Talent Acquisition associates definitely get involved in plenty of systems, areas, social programs and grounds. They motivate job hunters to not only implement for the tasks offered constantly in the company’ positions at different levels, but to also interact with the interviewers to explore the unlimited opportunities available at PepsiCo.
If you are looking for updates related to new PepsiCo careers, if you need help when looking for an PepsiCo employment opportunity that is matched with your skills and knowledge or if you are simply interested in the life and business culture at PepsiCo, you can quickly get in touch with the hiring managers.
The company always informs its users about new Pepsi jobs, interesting things occurring at various workplaces and maybe even the food they had for lunch. You will discover updates from the HR specialists, as well as department supervisors, recent employees and their go-getting interns.
Check out the company’s newest information, stock data and find out about the latest offered job opportunities. Since you are already there, ask Pepsi careers department employees about different topics which might be of interest for you.
Search and apply for jobs at PepsiCo by becoming a member of their Talent Acquisition team. You have the option to look for specific positions or opt in to understand more from the group on current or future opportunities. Associates of the Talent Acquisition can also be welcomed to join private online conversations and discussions with key managers at PepsiCo group.
Once you find an appealing PepsiCo employment opportunity, the company encourages you to submit your information on their specialized webpage. Following your application, an expert of the inner Pepsi employment group will evaluate your qualifications against the specifications for the PepsiCo careers you have applied for and then you will be informed about the next steps of the job application process.
At PepsiCo, they provide various choices for two-way interaction during the candidate selection procedure. Based on the part, place and timelines, they may start the conversation with you via phone, web cam meeting or through a conventional in-person meeting. They acknowledge that a job discussion should provide a common benefit for both parts involved in it. They welcome your concerns.
3: Offer and On-boarding
The company’s Human Resources Department conducts a thorough assessment in order to make sure that candidates are presented with the right hiring option for both them and PepsiCo. Offers are prolonged live via phone and in-person from a member of the HR team. If you are not chosen for a particular job after your meeting, you will get a memo from an assistant of their group.
Once you have accepted the job offer at PepsiCo, you will be provided with the additional information regarding the on-boarding procedure, such as accessibility to their Internet website or other facilities.
Benefits at PepsiCo
PepsiCo. values its employees and invests a significant amount of time and effort in training them and making them a part of the enormous Pepsi employee family.
One of the core company policies is that Pepsi employees need to feel appreciated and safe, so that they can deliver top performances and maintain a fruitful collaboration with PepsiCo. As such, the benefit pack provided for each employee reflect this policy perfectly.
These are the main benefits provided by PepsiCo:
Health and Wellness
- Life Insurance
- Occupation Accident Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
Family and Parenting
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Family Medical Leave
- Work From Home
- Unpaid Extended Leave
- Reduced or Flexible Hours
- Dependent Care
- Military Leave
Vacation and Time Off
Perks and Discounts
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Gym Membership
- Commuter Checks & Assistance
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Company Social Events
- Legal Assistance
PepsiCo Interview Tips & Hiring Process Information
What are you enthusiastic about and how can you make use of it in an effective job meeting with PepsiCo? Adhere to these guidelines!
Success at PepsiCo revolves around three Management Imperatives:
- Establishing the Agenda
- Getting Others with You
- Making it in the Right Way.
These Management Imperatives are implemented to all Pepsi jobs regardless of their professional level. During your job discussion, you will be required to provide particular examples of your educational and career achievements that are in line with these Management Imperatives.
While we are not able to reveal exactly what the interview procedure might be, we can provide some beneficial suggestions that you can implement during the interviews:
- Be Yourself: Not everyone can develop a great career in every job position. This is why the general match between you and the company is so essential. The PepsiCo employment meeting will offer both parts an opportunity to analyze this fit and will help you create an efficient relationship. The meeting will be most efficient if you are yourself, talk with facts and candor and display your character.
- Know the Company’s Business: Since PepsiCo is a customer items organization, they will expect you to know a little about their offers. Moreover, they motivate you to become acquainted with the market, the difficulties they experience and the demanding scenery in which they function constantly. An excellent starting point is examining PepsiCo’s yearly evaluation. Analyzing the regional PepsiCo web page for your area will also be beneficial for the interview.
- Show Your Passion: Passion is a main attribute that makes the workers more efficient at their job. You should show interest not only for their products and the market, but for studying and accomplishing progress and successful results. What are you enthusiastic about and how can you make use of that particular interest to be efficient at PepsiCo? Tell them.
- Interview the Company: You are in the course of deciding something that will affect your profession for many years to come. It is a great possibility to ask your questions about PepsiCo’s participation in the industry and how they create their business, organization, individuals and perspective. Feel free to inquire about any concerns that are essential to you.
The workers are enthusiastic about their company and more than willing to discuss their ideas to help you make the best decision.
- Develop a Long-Lasting Relationship: Whether or not you are presented with an offer in their company, use the job interview as an opportunity to start developing long-term connections with the organization. You will fulfill your interests and meet experienced individuals to increase your professional possibilities. Take advantage of this.
Frequently Asked PepsiCo Interview Questions
The procedure can be quite stressful for anyone, but if you take your time and get ready for it, you can be the right person for the job almost instantly. Make sure to be acquainted with the typical job meeting questions for the type of job you are looking for. This will take a while and needs some analysis, but will bring many advantages in the end.
These are the most commonly used job questions that you should be prepared to answer:
- Tell us about yourself – it is the time to demonstrate your skills and experience, you can show off with some significant work achievements, individual passions and all the elements that allow you to be unique.
- Why are you interested in this job? (Or why do you want to work with us?) – analyze the reasons why you are looking for a new position.
- What do you already know about the company? – be sure to do your homework before the Pepsico employment meeting. The job industry is challenging enough as it is and companies are looking for applicants who are enthusiastic about working with the Pepsi group.
- Why did you quit your last workplace? (Or why are you considering leaving the present job?) – be smart not to badmouth your previous job, instead consider relating the answers to your individual development.
- Tell us about your experience at your previous work place – make sure you can provide responses regarding how you invested your efforts and time there. Also, try to explain the extra tasks you took on when you were not very busy.
- What skills do you have for performing a certain task? (This question will be adapted for each of the significant responsibilities required for the PepsiCo job you are applying for) – evaluate the job requirements associated with the PepsiCo jobs you are applying for before the interview. Make sure you can detail each of the position’s liability areas.
- Tell us about your strong points! – This is another opportunity for you to present achievements and individual characteristics that you will offer to the organization.
- Tell us about a situation when… (This question will be adapted for circumstances appropriate to the PepsiCo job you are applying for. For example: Tell us about when you had to make an effort … you had to cope with a challenging client … you had to react to a problem … you had to provide backup to another colleague) – Be prepared in advance with an obvious illustration for these kinds of concerns. You do not want to have difficulties responding to them during the PepsiCo employment meeting.
- What salary are you looking for to have at our company? – The discussion regarding compensation usually take place towards the end of the interview when the employer has already become aware of your potential and has decided that he/ she is interested collaborating with you. Salary ranges are generally more versatile once the company knows that you are the best applicant. Few HR supervisors will let the ideal applicant get away due to a little gap in wage negotiations. Do your analysis and be prepared with a decent figure that is correct for you.
- What questions would you like to ask us? – Be prepared with a set of questions for the interviewers. This is your opportunity to ask about their culture, marketing or any other advantages concerns.
Official site: www.pepsico.com
Official career site: www.pepsicojobs.com
Did you know?
- The Coca-Company was given the opportunity to buy Pepsi on more than one occasion, but dismissed the offer each time.
- The first superstar to pioneer Pepsi’s celebrity endorsement marketing strategy was the legendary automobile racer Barney Oldfield, who was the first man to drive a car at a speed of 60 miles per hour?
- PepisCo’s world headquarters in Purchase, New York is regarded as an architectural gem? It includes the Donald M. Kendall Sculpture Gardens – a 168 acres outdoor collection of 45 sculptures open for public viewing, exhibiting artworks by Auguste Rodin, Alexander Calder, Arnaldo Pomodoro, Henri Laurens, Richards Erdmann, Henry Moore and many other notable artists?