Employment at Safelite
Based in Columbus, Ohio Safelite is an automotive glass and claims management company. The company operates in all 50 states. After finishing this article, you should be fully aware of the Safelite application process, as well as have a good understanding of who they are and what types of jobs they have to offer.
The Safelite application process is user-friendly and simple to follow. Your Safelite job search should begin on their career page; here you will find not only a complete list of job opportunities, but also get a feeling on what it’s like to work at Safelite. This includes an understanding of the people and the culture. The career page is a great place to start the Safelite application process. It provides you with a complete overview of the company, its history and its culture. Safelite is extremely proud of the spirit that its team culture provides. They strongly believe that each position and individual provides great value to the company. YouTube videos are also included to provide the applicant with a testimony or highlights of working at Safelite as well as information on some specific positions.
Once on the career page, simply scroll down just a bit until you see a box that says “View Opportunities“. You will then be directed to the list of current job openings.
The best place to begin is by clicking “Join Our Talent Community“. By doing so, you can create a profile that will allow you to receive relevant updates and notifications.
The job search page makes the Safelite application process a pretty straightforward process. Some of the features that make the job search section efficient are:
- Search by state
- Search by specific city
- Search by area of interest
- Search by Full-time and Part-time opportunities
The Safelite application process allows the user to fill in a city and/or keyword to search for jobs of interest or you can go through each opportunity listed one by one. The total number of opportunities available at the time is listed in the top left corner of the page; narrowing down your search will save you significant time.
Opportunities abound at Safelite in multiple departments including:
- Store Management
- District Level Management
- Appraisal Department
- Human Resources
- Glass Technician Department
- Marketing/Social Media
Each department offers a number of different positions. These include:
- Store manager: This person is a leader of a particular retail store and is responsible for things such as the financials, loss prevention and the management of the team.
- District manager: This person is a key leader in the company and is responsible for a number of managers. This person assures smooth operation and profitability while maintaining good leadership skills to motivate employees to be their best.
- Desk appraiser: This is a newer position that supports insurance clients. They provide auto appraisals based off of digital images.
- Service delivery manager: They are responsible for ensuring a smooth process between the customer and the the dispatch teams.
- HR shared services associate: This position works on an HR help line and ensures the associates have a positive experience as well as provides information regarding pay, benefits, vacation etc.
- Warehouse supervisor: This person makes sure that the warehouse is run in an efficient, effective and most importantly safe environment.
- Auto glass technician trainee: This is the first step in becoming a qualified technician for Safelite. They work to learn about the product and services offered by Safelite.
- Auto glass technician: Works with other technicians on installation of glass windshields and repairs.
- Tech support associate: This person helps make the technician’s job as efficient as possible by delivering parts or helping in a two-man installation job. They also take vendor calls.
While exploring the Safelite application process, you will find there are a number of jobs beyond those listed for all levels of experience and background. Once again, for a complete list of current job opportunities, just click here.
Following is a step by step guide for the Safelite application process:
- Visit www.safelite.com.
- At the top, click on careers.
- Scroll down about halfway and click view opportunities.
- Choose your search criteria to narrow down your job opportunities that are right for you. Enter a job title or keywords and/or city and state. On the left hand side you can also check boxes to select jobs by state and city. You can also click on Full-time or Part-time opportunities.
- Once you click search, a list of jobs that meet your search criteria will be listed. You can then click on each job to read the description and the qualifications. If you see a job that you would like to apply for, there will be a red apply button (example here in the top right).
- If you have not created a profile as mentioned earlier, you will need to do this first in order to apply for a specific job. When you click apply you will be asked to sign in or enter your name, email and a password and click create account. Once logged in, you will begin the Safelite application process. Complete each step completely and you will be able to submit your application for a specific job. This application process includes the following steps:
Online Safelite Application Process
- Fill out all of your personal contact information including name, address, phone, and whether you can be contacted by text regarding your application.
Identify how you heard about Safelite
- Select how you heard about Safelite from a drop-down list
- Upload your resume and add any additional documents that may support your application.
- Fill out your electronic signature
Data protection agreement
- Agree to a data protection statement
Repeat this process for various positions.
While you can go to a store to apply, you will still need to go through the on-line Safelite application process to officially begin the interview process if selected.
Minimum Age for Employment
No minimum age is cited for applying for jobs at Safelite, but you must be able to produce a valid work permit if need be. The company offers a variety of positions for all skill levels, including entry-level opportunities such as customer experience. They are looking for customer-focused individuals with a can-do attitude.
Hours of Operation
Typical retail store operating hours are from 8A-5P. Other office positions, warehouse, technicians, management and field positions all operate on various schedules as determined by Safelite. Customers can always get a hold of Safelite 24/7 via phone, web, social media and email.
Entry Level Careers and Respective Income
Safelite has a number of entry-level careers with a decent hourly rate including customer service representatives making around $13.29/hr on average nationally and entry-level warehouse associates making around $11.28/hr. Those who perform exceptionally in these positions can move up to “lead” positions and even to management.
Careers in Management
Safelite also has multiple management opportunities available including store management, warehouse supervisors and technician managers. In general, Safelite is looking for someone with a Bachelor’s Degree and at least three years of leadership experience preferably in a retail environment. The average salary for store managers nationwide is $69,330.
Benefits of Working at Safelite
As part of the Safelite application process, you will come to see the multiple benefits of working at Safelite. The following are some key highlights of benefits received as an employee:
- Flexible schedule offerings
- Access to fitness facilities on or off premise depending on location
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) even during the first year of employment
- Family care programs including parental leave benefits, maternity leave and FMLA
- On-site amenities such as snack rooms, walking paths, libraries, blood mobiles, mammograms and more
- Health insurance
- Paid time off to volunteer
Basic Tips for Applying at Safelite
In order to make the Safelite application process go as smoothly as possible, consider the following tips:
- Research beforehand: Know what the company is like, their history, their values, their culture etc. It’s important to be able to decipher ahead of time if you might be a good fit for the company and when interview time comes, it will make you look well prepared.
- Be attentive to grammar and spelling: This is more significant than most people think when applying for a job. It’s the first representation of yourself to the company, so be sure to double and triple check your spelling and grammar.
- Receive feedback on your resume: It would be wise to have someone review your resume beforehand. Choose someone that may be currently in a leadership role and ask for honest feedback. A good resume can set you apart from others competing for the same job.
- Follow instructions: Pay attention to detail during the application process and be attentive to the details.
- Adequate time: Don’t fill out your application when you are in a hurry. Choose a time when you can commit the right amount of attention to make a good first impression.
- Know the company ahead of time – Do your homework. Don’t get caught off guard not knowing basic information about what the company does or what the job description is that you are applying for.
- Research common interview questions and practice responses to them – You can find multiple lists of potential interview questions on-line along with suggested responses.
- Dress professionally – Put your best foot forward and dress for the promotion you are aiming for down the road.
- Be on time – Being late for a job interview is not a way to make a good first impression. Plan for traffic ahead of time and plan on being early.
- Be positive, upbeat and enthusiastic about the job for which you are applying
- Thank the interviewer for their time when wrapping up- It’s important to acknowledge that the interviewer took time out of his/her day to get to know you and your potential for the job.
- Ask when a good time to follow-up might be – It’s not a bad idea to ask when it might be appropriate to follow-up if you have not heard anything for a while.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for the job! – Make the close before you leave. Oftentimes, an interviewer will conclude by asking if you have any questions for them; use this opportunity to ask for the job. It could make the difference between you and the next person walking in to interview for the position.
Working at Safelite Autoglass
Working at Safelite Autoglass is rewarding and unique. Some aspects that make them unique are community involvement projects, annual employee competitions, employee recognition, tuition reimbursement and generous benefits just to name a few. Safelite was founded in 1947 and employees over 13,000 employees nationwide.
Start the Safelite application process now!
For more interesting and popular career applications: