CVS is a drug retailer based in the United States and it is headquartered in Rhode Island. The company first opened for business in 2007 and today hires more than 200,000 employees across the United States. As of 2008, CVS Caremark is one of the biggest for-profit employers in Rhode Island. Over the years, due to its top-quality medicinal drugs and top notch customer service, the company has managed to establish a loyal clientele. They wish to build up this clientele and are always on the lookout to hire talented and motivated individuals to join their team. Individuals who believe that they have what it takes to be a part of a well-respected and competitive company, are encouraged to submit a CVS online application for employment.
Company website: www.cvs.com
CVS Online Job Application
With over 8.000 locations scattered across the country, the company has managed to secure hundreds of jobs. The CVS job application form is open to all interested applicants and can be accessed on the company’s online career portal. A job hunter can download the CVS printable application, or he can fill out the CVS online employment application. A different form must be filled for different positions and some roles may require the job applicant to submit a resume and a cover letter.
Here are a few CVS Online Applications that you might be Interested in:
- CVS pharmacy job application
- CVS cashier application
- CVS store application
- CVS Pharmacy technician application
- CVS Warehouse Job Application
- CVS Sales Associate Application
Depending on their background, education and experience, eligible applicants will be considered for different positions within the firm. At the moment, CVS is looking for diligent and enthusiastic people to join their team of employees. This means that competition for important jobs is very high. To ensure that your CVS job application is taken into consideration you must make it original and relevant. Don’t forget to sign it!
Career information: Application.com
Minimum Age for Employment at CVS
Interested applicants who wish to submit a CVS application for employment are required to be at least 16 years of age or above. Interested applicants who are below the age of 16 are discouraged from submitting a CVS application for employment. All applications from underage applicants will be rejected and they will not be considered for employment until or unless they are 16 years of age. However, there are certain positions for which you can apply as an intern. Furthermore, some roles may require the applicant to be older than 18 and applicants are only encouraged to apply for jobs for which they meet the requirements.
CVS Hours of Operation
CVS pharmacies are open around the clock, seven days a week. The pharmacies may be closed on specific public holidays but if that is the case, the public is informed beforehand. Chances are that you will be requested to work on difficult schedules, so you should take this into account before submitting your CVS application online.
Entry-Level CVS Careers and Income
CVS hires people for a number of entry-level positions and a number of these entry-level positions include those of a cashier, lab assistant or a customer service associate. Entry-level staff are expected to answer the customer queries and to assist them if they need anything. Entry-level staff may be reimbursed using a monthly pay or an hourly wage rate. They also benefit from several non-wage perks.
The good news is that even individuals with limited background can submit their cvs.com application and be considered for the job. Qualified job hunters are advised to fill out a CVS pharmacy job application or a CVS distribution center application, provided that their skills are relevant for these positions.
The mode of payment depends on whether the staff member is a full- time or a part-time employee. Part-time employees are usually paid using an hourly pay rate system. Whatever the case may be, most entry-level staff are paid a minimum wage dictated by the state laws. Both full-time and part- time opportunities are available and interested applicants are encouraged to apply for the one that they are interested in (the CVS application form and the CVS printable application can be found on the official website: www.cvs.com).
Entry-level staff may also be required to perform miscellaneous administrative duties apart from their assigned duties. As a result, they are required to have the basic working knowledge of word processing applications.
CVS Careers in Management
Managers at CVS are expected to lead from within and to provide motivation and support to the people working under them. Managers are encouraged to maintain open channels of communication and to listen to the concerns of the staff members. If you are interested in a job as a manager, you must submit your CVS careers application online. Manager job openings include category manager personal care, brand manager, category manager grocery and category manager.
The hiring management does not only hire managers but it also promotes promising, entry-level candidates to managerial roles. This is done not only to reward hard-working individuals, but also to encourage other staff members to work harder and to strive to grow professionally with the company. In other words, you may be sending in an online application for CVS in hopes of obtaining an entry-level job, but if you are accepted and work hard enough, you have chances of being promoted as a manager in the future.
Moreover, managers at CVS are paid competitive pay rates and are rewarded with attractive employee benefits such as health and life insurance and retirement benefits. Paid leaves may also be awarded if there is a valid reason. Depending on the job applied for, managers may be required to work on a shift basis. Although, some locations only require the applicant to work normal office hours. All these should be specified in the applicant’s application and applicants should only apply for the roles that they are interested in.
Here are a few basic positions that you might be interested in:
1. Sales Associate: must be very versatile as they are required to fulfil a number of responsibilities. A few duties may include handling merchandise, talking about products and assisting sales. The average salary for a sales associate is around 16.000$/year. You can submit your CVS sales associate application online or write it yourself.
2. Shift Supervisor
3. Pharmacy Technician: are essential members of the CVS team and they are expected to fulfil a vast number of responsibilities. During a typical day the pharmacy technician must collaborate with other technicians, respect safety standards and protocols, sort pills and labels, review medication, answer customer question and renew prescriptions. This is usually a full-time position and the minimum salary is around 29.000$/year. You should submit your CVS pharmacy online application if you meet the required criteria and are able to handle the responsibilities that come with the job.
4. Customer Care Representative
5. Administrative Assistant
6. Maintenance Mechanic
7. Summer Pharmacy Intern
8. Cashier: The typical responsibilities of a CVS cashier include sale duties, processing payments, handling client problems, customer service and marking products. You are expected to stand up for long periods of times and handle stress well. You can submit your CVS cashier online application on the website or ask for the printable CVS form. The average salary for a cashier is minimum wage.
9. Technical Support Representative
10. Beauty Care Associate
11. Over Night Shift Supervisor
12. Assistant Manager or Manager: Managers have vital labour management and administrative duties to perform. Without it, retail stores will not perform well. Responsibilities include budgeting payroll, merchandise status, ordering new supplies, analysing sales numbers, filling paper work etc. The typical CVS manager wins around 40.000$ a year, but based on performance, he can even win 75.000$/year. You can submit your manager CVS application online if you meet the necessary criteria.
Basic Tips for Applying at CVS
Interested parties should conduct extensive research about CVS before sending in a resume or application. Although the company has made the CVS online application process extremely simple, job hunters should definitely learn more about different positions that they might be interested in before proceeding. The healthcare company takes every application seriously, and it will select eligible candidates swiftly (it is possible to submit your CVS application and get hired in the same day). This is why it is of vital importance to make your submission count. Here are a few basic trips for applying at CVS:
• All interested applicants are encouraged to place an application for employment with CVS by accessing the company’s online career portal.
• Alternatively, interested applicants can use the following link and directly access the career portal //info.cvscaremark.com/careers/search-opportunities
• The CVS application online form can be used to apply for a plethora of jobs and different forms are available for different roles.
• If you’d rather write your application by hand, just head on down to xxx and download your CVS application pdf, which you can later print.
• A well-crafted and up-to-date resume must be submitted together with the job application, and a job application is not considered complete unless accompanied by a resume.
• Interested applicants can apply for the jobs that they are interested in and can also specify the location that they want to apply for. If one does not have a location preference, then that section can be left blank. In general, it is advised to fill out all information requested in the application form, and CVS online applications are no exception to the rule.
Advanced Tips for Applying at CVS
Apart from having the appropriate qualifications, interested applicants are required to submit an up-to-date and professionally-written resume. The resume should highlight the applicant’s skills and qualifications and his or her work history. Applicants should also make sure that their resume does not have grammar or spelling errors, because an applicant applying for a job with CVS is expected to have a certain level of English language skills. Remember that a CVS job application is the first thing an employer will see, but it is usually the resume that results in an Interview call. Make sure that you write an interesting application while also providing a balanced and well-rounded resume.
IT skills are highly valued and since entry-level staff may be required to perform administrative duties, they are expected to have the basic knowledge of technology and the ability to use word processing systems. Managerial-level employees are also expected to be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel as well as other applications that may be used by the company.
Selected applicants will be contacted via email or telephone by the hiring management and will be given interview dates. Applicants, whose applications may be unsuccessful, are encouraged to not be disheartened and to submit new applications for employment with CVS. It is very possible for your CVS online job application form to have been missed during the selection progress.
Alternatively, you might not have written the best application even if you are qualified for the job. Interested applicants are expected to have a proactive approach towards job applications and are encouraged to keep a lookout on the company’s online career portal. Resubmit your job application on CVS but try not to bombard the company with weekly applications.
Benefits at CVS
CVS reimburses its employees using attractive pay packages that include employment and healthcare benefits. Life insurance, health insurance and paid leaves may also be offered to full-time employees. Most of the benefits are exclusively available to full-time employees but some may be available to part-time employees as well. Part-time employees are encouraged to become full-time employees. It is possible to submit your online application for CVS as a part-time worker and later move to a full-time schedule. If you perform well in the job, you will soon benefit from the amazing perks offered at CVS.
The company culture at CVS is one that focuses highly on staff members and hence, the management maintains open channels of communication. Employees are encouraged to make full use of these channels of communications and to voice their concerns. This is encouraged so that problems can be solved before they escalate. Furthermore, all staff members at CVS are given opportunities for career advancement and are encouraged to make full use of them. Promising and talented candidates may also be promoted.
CVS is an equal opportunity employer and hires employees based on merit. All candidates must have a valid work visa and must meet the requirements specified by the job listing. Diversity is encouraged and ethnicity and disability should not hinder anyone from submitting a CVS application for employment.
All in all, even if the job market is crowded, CVS is willing to hire hard-working people, irrespective of their experience, disabilities or ethnicity. You can use the CVS online application login option to search through available jobs.
CVS Interview Questions & Tips
CVS is regularly looking for new staff to cater for their numerous locations throughout the United States. Available positions within the firm include distribution, pharmacy, corporate and retail store jobs. As is the case with most major companies, the interview process varies greatly from department to department. No interview is like the other, but, in general, CVS uses in-person ones to evaluate an eligible candidate.
After you have submitted your CVS application you will be contacted by a hiring manager and called for an interview. Most interviews last between 20 and 30 minutes. Unlike other companies, CVS avoids trick questions and sticks to straightforward ones.
Frequently Askes Interview Questions:
- What is your favourite part about working in the pharmacy industry?
- What would set you apart from other candidates?
- What advice would you give a job seeker looking to gain employment?
- Would you describe your qualifications and expertise for the desired position?
- What would you do if you find a co-worker stealing drugs from the company?
- How do you cope with stress?
- Do you have a flexible schedule?
- What makes you stand out from other applicants?
Pharmacy technicians and qualified tech staff may be required to take a few computerized tests before an interview. In other situations, a phone interview might occur before the in-person one. Phone interviews are very short, and during them an applicant must make a lasting impression. Make sure you brush up on your CVS knowledge beforehand (learn about products, services, history and most importantly, company culture).
Lastly, you must dress properly for an interview and exude a positive attitude to increase your hiring chances. CVS is a retail company, and this means that communication skills are vital. Make sure you also touch upon the qualities that set you apart from other candidates.
Useful and Interesting Facts about CVS
CVS is a well-known and respectable organization and as a result they receive thousands of job applications. Therefore, interested applicants should try to set themselves apart from others and should try to make a positive impression. One way that applicants can do that is by reading more about the company; the list below is aimed at providing some interesting information about CVS to prospective applicants.
• CVS’ full name is CVS Caremark Corporation and it is represented by the CVS symbol in the New York Stock Exchange.
• There are more than 7,000 CVS pharmacies located across the United States and the company is headquartered at Rhode Island.
• Larry J. Merlo is the CEO and president of the company.
• CVS does not have international operations and was named the 18th largest company in the United States in the Fortune 500 list.
• The company was founded in 2007 as a result of a merger between CVS and Caremark, although CVS has been operating successfully for 40 years within the United States.
• CVS stands for Consumer Value Stores but the former CEO famously said that it stands for “Convenience, Value and Service”.
• CVS cares deeply for the community and CVS Samaritan vans provide free-of-charge roadside assistance to motorists in need. Furthermore, the CVS Caremark Charitable trust provides healthcare and education services to the communities that CVS is located in.
• CVS provides a number of beauty and skin care products under its corporate umbrella and some of the famous ones include Essence of Beauty and Gold Emblem.
• CVS has three main operations: the pharmacy, the clinic and Caremark pharmacy services. The clinic is known as the MinuteClinic and it operates in nearly 600 locations all across the United States.
Interested applicants, who wish to kick start a successful career in the drug retailing industry, are encouraged to submit a CVS application for employment. Individuals looking for a career change are also welcome to apply and can submit an application for both an entry-level and managerial-level position. There are a number of roles to apply for and interested applicants can surely find something that fits their requirements and career aspirations.
To access the CVS Online Application directly, click here.
Here are some more popular job applications: