Employment at City Sheetz
Sheetz is a chain of gas stations and convenience stores that completely redefines the concepts of this market sector. Sheetz sells delicious fast food in its convenience stores that customers can personalize so that they can get the perfect sandwiches for their taste. The company motto is “Feel the love” because the food from Sheetz is just that good. As for the coffee, everybody can find something that they simply cannot refuse because the store offers a wide range of delicious choices. So if you want to stop for gas, Sheetz will always be there with impressive prices and special offers. You will definitely want to stay a little longer to get something to eat because the smell alone will manage to persuade you in the first few seconds. Founded in 1952 by the Sheetz family, the company currently owns over 500 locations in North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania. So submit your Sheetz application for a chance to work in America’s greatest gas station chain.
If you have decided to apply for a Sheetz career, then you need to know that the only way to do so is to send an official Sheetz application online via the company’s career portal, which you can access in three ways:
- Go to the Sheetz official site, sheetz.com and scroll down to the bottom menu where you have to click on the Openings button in the Jobs section. You will be redirected to a web page that displays all the available positions at the company in the following sectors:
- Corporate Sheetz careers;
- Distribution Center Sheetz careers;
- Store Level Sheetz Careers.
- Find the best Sheetz jobs for you according to your location and your professional expertise. Click on the job title to find the full job description of the position and if it sounds like the position for you, click on the Apply Now button at the bottom of the page to access the Sheetz job application portal.
- Go to sheetzjobz.com to find a more extensive overview of the Sheetz jobs. Read all about the departments where you can apply:
- Corporate Sheetz careers;
- Distribution Center Sheetz careers;
- Store Level Sheetz Careers;
- Jobs in the Sheetz Bros. Kitchen;
- Cli Transport
- Read the description of the departments and then click on the links included in each description to see the Sheetz job openings.
- Browse the list of available positions and click on the jobs that sound like a good fit for you. You will be asked to mention whether you are a Sheetz employee or not, because the company’s employees can apply for jobs via the My Sheetz Life portal that focuses on internal applications.
- If you are not already an employee, then you will be asked to choose the location you are interested in. You can then start your online jobs and employment form by clicking the Apply button, which will direct you to the Sheetz online application portal.
- Go to sheetz.com to find detailed information about the Sheetz careers in the sectors listed above. Click on the presentation video for each sector and if you are convinced, click on the Search Sheetz jobs link at the bottom of each section to see the job openings.
- You will be presented with a very long list of job openings, but you can navigate it much easier by choosing your location in the filter from the top.
- Look at the right-hand menu and choose the position that you are interested in applying for.
- By clicking the positions, you will be able to see a video presentation of the positions you are applying for.
- Scroll through the list and find the ideal Sheetz job for you and read an extensive job description (that includes the starting salary as well) and if you decide to send an employment form, click on the Apply button at the bottom of the page to access the Sheetz application portal.
Now that you have reached the Sheetz careers portal, you are ready to begin filling out your application. Make sure you have your resume ready and get a cup of coffee, so you can make the entire process more enjoyable.
The Sheetz job application portal will ask you to confirm that you have seen the presentation video for the position that you are applying for and this is a mandatory step of the form. Click on the Next button to read the Terms and Conditions and provide your consent to continue.
In the next step of the Sheetz job application form, you will have to fill out these two main sections:
- Personal Information
- Include your contact details and your social security number and then mention how you heard about the Sheetz job you are applying for.
- Account Information
- Choose a username and a password that will remain as your Sheetz online application portal login information, so that you can sign in later and check your application status.
Next, you will have to read the Sheetz application portal disclosures that will inform you of the background check that will be performed on you during the Sheetz hiring process, which entails verifying the information you have entered in the employment form and checking your credit history and criminal record. You can only continue to the following section of the form if you provide your consent.
Then, you will have to answer the following Pre-Employment Questions:
- Can you provide proof of your legal right to work in the United States?
- If offered a Sheetz career, are you willing to undergo a full background check?
- The Sheetz application portal mentions that a criminal history will result in automatic dismissal.
- Are you at least 18 years old?
- Are you willing to submit yourself to a drug test prior to formal employment?
- Are you able to perform the main tasks of this job that have been presented in the job description of this position?
- Are you able to understand, read and speak English?
- Do you have reliable transportation to get to work?
- Are you able to adhere to Sheetz’s appearance policy?
- The main conditions are that employees wear clean uniforms, be well groomed and do not have visible tattoos (on their arms, neck, face or fingers)
This section of the Sheetz application form continues with several job-specific questions that will focus on your reaction to several situations that are frequently met on the position you have chosen and then to some psychological questions that will assess whether or not you are a good fit for the Sheetz career you have chosen.
Next you will be asked to answer a series of questions focused on your work preferences that focus on your behavior at the workplace. This is where your cup of coffee comes in handy because you will then be asked to answer yet another extensive set of psychological questions.
Try not to lose your patience during this section, because it goes on for quite a few pages, precisely because Sheetz conducts a rigorous selection process to find the best possible employees.
The next step of the Sheetz application form focuses on your availability. You will have to specify when you would be able to start working, whether you prefer a full-time or a part-time position and the days and schedule you would prefer.
Then, you will have to mention if you are looking for a temporary position or a long term one, the minimum and the maximum number of hours you would be willing to work in a week and whether or not you are willing to work on holidays.
The following section of the Sheetz application form requires you to include information about your work history and this is where your resume will be useful because it will help you go through this step of the application form much easier.
Then you will be asked to answer another set of questions focused on your work history and your conduct at work after which you will need to mention whether or not you have ever served in the military and to provide some details if you have.
The Sheetz job application portal will then require you answer a few questions regarding your education level. You will also have to name the institutions you have attended and mention any additional licenses and qualifications you might have in this section.
Then you will have to answer additional questions regarding a criminal record that you might have and mention whether or not you have changed your name at some point.
The last part of this section will require you to confirm that all the information you have included in the Sheetz application form is true.
The next step of the form is entitled EEQ questions and it will include questions about your gender and ethnicity. In the event that you do not wish to answer them, you can choose the “I do not wish to provide this information” answer and this will not affect your application in any way.
The last step of the Sheetz application form offers you the chance to review your application so that you can check all the information you have put in (not including your answers to the questions) and edit out any mistakes that you might find.
When you are content with the final form of you application form click on the Submit button to complete your Sheetz job application process.
Minimum Age for Employment at Sheetz
The minimum Sheetz hiring age is 18 and no previous experience is required for entry-level careers. Young candidates stand a solid chance of gaining employment with the company if they show the required dedication and eagerness to learn.
Sheetz Hours of Operation
The hours of operation for both Sheetz gas stations and convenience stores are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, some locations might make some modifications to this non-stop schedule, so make sure to use the Sheetz store locator to find the exact hours of the location you want to visit.
Entry-Level Sheetz Careers and Income
If you are interested in entry-level Sheetz jobs, you can apply to any one of the company’s sectors because Sheetz values forming its employees so that they are able to represent the core values of the company.
Salesperson – Job Description and Duties
The Salesperson interacts with the store’s customers and provides fast and friendly service to them so that they may have the best possible shopping experience at the Sheetz store.
Another main responsibility of this position is stocking the shelves of the store and maintaining them well stocked and clean all throughout the shift.
The Salesperson works as part of a very close team and will perform most part of the tasks alongside his/her colleagues.
Salesperson – Salary and Compensation
According to careers.sheetz.com, the starting salary for this Sheetz job is an hourly rate of $8.75, which can be increased to as much as $10.00 when the Sheetz convenience store employee gains the necessary experience.
Basic Tips for Applying at Sheetz
The best tip for successfully completing the Sheetz application form is to have patience because you will need quite a lot of it to go through all the questions in the form.
By including all of these questions in the employment form, the Sheetz hiring specialists are conducting a thorough assessment of the candidates, so as to schedule interviews only with the top applicants.
As you might have noticed, the Sheetz application form focuses less on work history and education and much more on getting to know the applicant’s personality and his/her approach on the job. However, the sections for previous employment and education are detailed enough for a stellar background to stand out.
Try to answer the questions in the Sheetz employment form truthfully, because the specialists who will process it will value your honesty. Instead of choosing the answers you think that the hiring experts want to hear, try to think of what actually applies to you and opt for the answer that is closest to the truth.
Having a steaming cup of coffee or a refreshing glass of orange juice next to you when you fill out the Sheetz application form will definitely help you go through the entire process much easier since it could prove quite tedious at times.
Due to the fact that the company does not provide a printable employment form, you will have to send your Sheetz application online via the careers portal if you wish to be considered for a position at the company.
Benefits at Sheetz
There are two types of Sheetz benefits packs that are available to the employees:
- Core Sheetz benefits – all employees are entitled to these, but the extent of the benefits differs in accordance with the company’s eligibility criteria, which are mainly the duration of the collaboration and the type of schedule of the employee.
- Paid Vacation;
- Personal Days;
- Quarterly Bonus;
- Employee Food Discount;
- Life Insurance and AD&D;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability;
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan;
- Adoption Assistance Program;
- College Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- Sheetz Advantage Discount for both Sheetz gas stations and Sheetz convenience stores;
- Employee Assistance
- Choice Sheetz benefits – these are available to employees according to their personal needs. While some of these benefits are funded by the company in part, others are funded by the employee entirely.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan;
- Medical Plans – several options are available;
- Prescription Drug Program;
- Dental Plan;
- Vision Plan;
- Health Flexible Spending Account;
- Dependent Day Care Spending Account;
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance;
- Dependent Voluntary Term Life Insurance;
- Personal Accident Insurance;
- Credit Union.
Sheetz Interview Tips & Hiring Process Information
If your Sheetz online application passes the assessment conducted by the Human Resources, then you should know that you already stand a fair chance at Sheetz employment.
Naturally, the final answer relies on how you perform during the interview as well, but you need to remember that you have reason to be optimistic about the entire process.
If you want to maximize your chances of success, be very well prepared for the interview. This means that you need to read all about the company’s history and their current line of products, along with special offers on gas and food.
If you have the time, go to a Sheetz convenience store and observe how the employees interact with customers and how they perform their tasks. Getting something to eat would be the ideal opportunity to experience the customer service policies firsthand and to try out the amazing food at Sheetz.
Try getting to the interview 10-15 minutes prior to the time you have been assigned, so as to exclude any possibility of being late. Punctuality is extremely important for Sheetz employment and the interviewers will definitely remember if you are late.
Frequently Asked Sheetz Interview Questions
The Sheetz job interview is likely to include questions that are similar to the ones in the application form, so this is what you should expect:
- Why would you like to work at Sheetz?
- What could you bring to this Sheetz job and why should we hire you over other candidates?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- How would you handle a difficult customer?
- Please describe yourself in three words.
- What do you know about Sheetz?
Some of the interview questions could actually be the exact questions you have already answered in the Sheetz application form and it is very important to provide interview answers that are in line with what you have mentioned in your application, in order to establish credibility.