Finish Line is a large retailer selling athletic footwear for men, women and kids. The company operates over 660 stores nationwide and specializes in basketball, baseball, football, hiking, running, cross training, skate and casual footwear from all the major brands. They also operate an online footwear store. A Finish Line job application opens up opportunities for a fun work experience and an opportunity for career development and growth within their retail and corporate operations.
Finish Line Online Job Application
You can find a Finish Line job application form on their company website to apply for all vacant jobs in any location including their corporate headquarters. To search for available job vacancies, click on the “Careers” link at the bottom of the website. You can select a number of job locations including “Store Opportunities”, “Customer Care”, “Distribution” and “Corporate Opportunities” by clicking on the relevant link. Applicable jobs will be listed based off your selection and then you can view summary information on the job responsibilities and physical requirements of the role. From the job summary, you can choose a location in which you wish to work and then submit your Finish Line online application along with your resume.
Minimum Age for Employment at Finish Line
To submit a Finish Line employment application, you must be at least 18 years old. The one exception is if you are applying for a Store Manager position, where you must be at least 21 years old.
Finish Line Hours of Operation
Finish Line store hours of operation are generally 10 am to 9 pm from Monday to Saturday and 11 am to 6 pm on Sunday. These hours may vary from store to store and it is advisable to confirm operating hours for particular stores on the company website using the “Store Locator” link at the top of the webpage. The hours of operation will require a variation in hours worked by people making an application for Finish Line employment.
Entry-Level Finish Line Careers and Income
Any Finish Line application for an entry-level position such as a Stock Associate role will start at least at a minimum wage level (as applicable for your state’s minimum wage laws). Finish Line entry-level store jobs like this are listed in the job vacancies on the company website and the Finish Line application form as “Stock Associate” and will be either a full-time or part-time position. The job responsibilities for this type of entry-level career include stock room maintenance, daily shipping duties and, where required, sales work. Finish Line provides full training for all entry-level positions.
Finish Line Careers in Management
Submitting a Finish Line application offers excellent work prospects and the opportunity for growth and advancement in a long-term career within the retail organization. Finish Line offers extensive training for all managers and those in the process of becoming a manager along with the opportunity for future promotion within the company. Finish Line careers in a management application may commence as a Manager-in-Training, Assistant Store Manager, or Store Manager. A Finish Line Store Manager will work approximately 48 hours per week with varying shift times and their salary will typically range from $36,000 to $48,000 per year plus applicable bonuses. The actual salary will depend on experience, store location and actual role.
Basic Tips for Applying at Finish Line
• From the Finish Line website, Click on the “Careers” link at the bottom of the screen.
• Select the applicable type of job you are looking for from “Store Opportunities”, “Customer Care”, “Distribution” and “Corporate Opportunities” by clicking on the relevant link. All applicable position types will then be displayed for that category.
• Click on the applicable job type; for example, Assistant Manager, Cashier, Sales Associate, Store Manager, etc. to view a summary of the job description and key role requirements.
• To submit your Finish Line application online form for the selected vacant job type, click on the “Choose A Location” button at the bottom of the job description. Enter the applicable location information (state, city or zip code) and select the job location that suits you best.
• Complete the Pre-Application Disclosures screen, then click “Next” and then attach your resume (upload a file or cut and paste).
• You will then be required to submit personal information and setup a user account to complete the application process.
Advanced Tips for Applying at Finish Line
If you are applying for a management position with your Finish Line application online, you will need to meet the applicable age requirement (21 or older) and have the suitable work experience (including excellent sales skills for store management positions), education and qualifications to meet the job requirements. Your resume should highlight all applicable work experience, skills, education and qualifications that are relevant for the management position and any attachments such as a cover letter should be professionally written and relevant. By doing this, you can make your resume stand out from other applicants straightaway and make a great impression on company recruiters.
Benefits at Finish Line
A successful Finish Line application provides a wide variety of benefits for employees. Depending on your role, you may be eligible for a 401(k) retirement plan, staff discounts, profit sharing, sales bonuses, education reimbursement, health care (a medical plan with prescription drugs included, dental insurance, vision insurance, health sickness and an accident plan), life insurance, paid vacation, sick leave and personal days. Full paid training is provided for all staff and management to ensure stores operate efficiently and profitably while offering quality customer service in line with company policy and procedure.
Useful and Interesting Facts about Finish Line
Prepare for your interview with Finish Line by researching the company online to gain a good understanding of company operations, successes and history. Not only does this display to the interviewers your interest in the company, it also allows you to best demonstrate how your experience and skills can fit into the culture and structure of the company and be a contributor to ongoing company success straightaway. Some interesting facts on Finish Line include:
• The owners of Finish Line first commenced operations in 1976 with the franchise rights for The Athletes Foot stores in Indianapolis, Indiana.
• They then decided to start their own company and opened the first Finish Line store in 1982.
• The franchise rights for 12 of The Athletes Foot stores ended in 1986 and were converted to Finish Line stores.
• By 1991, the company had 105 stores in the Midwest and Southeast states and sales were almost $100 Million.
• Today Finish Line operates over 660 stores in 47 States and sales revenue is in excess of $1.3 billion.
To access the Finish Line Online Application directly, click here.